• Show
Clear All

Data lost during the standby period

Hello,

How to recover data lost on the chart when my computer goes to sleep,
    Thank you in advance for your response,

Hello Malekyou,

Thank you for the question.

It is recommended to disable the sleep/hibernation power settings while using NinjaTrader as this will cause the platform to enter a suspended state if the computer is asleep or hibernating and is essentially closing the platform while it is asleep/hibernating.

As well, if you notice your platform was left open when the computer went to sleep or hibernate, it is recommended to restart the NinjaTrader platform as sleep/hibernation has been known to introduce connection issues until you restart the platform.

If you have a market data provider, any time you reconnect to the data provider, it should fill in any holes in your charts as the platform will request the historical data it needs for those charts. If it does not, please try right-clicking on the chart background and selecting "Reload all historical data"
    • Although, you will also need to make sure that your market data provider provides that type of historical data
    • For example, TD Ameritrade does not provide Historical Tick data so it would not be expected to fill in the holes on a tick chart since the data is not supplied by the market data provider.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much for your answer, I did as you indicated a right click on the graph background and I was finally able to reload all the historical data.

Comment

Hi Malekyou,

Many live traders use a VPS to avoid connection problems. The way it works is instead of running NinjaTrader on your home computer, it is installed your server which is on 24/7. This approach fixes the problem of needing to run your home computer all the time in order to avoid data loss from sleep.

VPS connections are 1,000mbs, so the server is always connected to the broker/data source.
        Would highly recommend checking out https://www.ninjamobiletrader.com/
        They have a free trial and setup servers immediately.

They're also listed on the NinjaTrader ecosystem: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...biletrader-vps

Originally posted by Malekyou View Post
        Thank you very much for your answer, I did as you indicated a right click on the graph background and I was finally able to reload all the historical data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        168 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post sidlercom80  
        Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred