Stop marketing NinjaTrader as free if everything costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop marketing NinjaTrader as free if everything costs

I wanted to get into day trading and all the "experts" on YouTube who are mostly "using NinjaTrader" whom I have found are all scammers really just trying to peddle their courses, so I decided to start with NinjaTrader.
    There are 9 occurrences of the word "free" on the main website. Yet, once you download the software you start to realize nothing is free.
    Want to simulate market? Not free, got to deposit money.
    Want to see live charts? Not free, got to pay monthly for the software.

What exactly is a new trader benefiting from if they just download and install the software?
    At least tell people it will be $400 + $39/mo to use the software. That should be on the front page 9 times -- not the word "Free"

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

I appreciate your feedback, MatthewLesko.

When you first download NinjaTrader, in most cases, you'll be eligible for a free data feed as well. It sounds like you perhaps exhausted your free live data demos and then are wanting to continue using NinjaTrader past your demo data feed's expiration. It is at this point that some type of cost will come into play - live data is not free to your broker or data provider, so they charge a fee for that service.

Based on the information you've provided, it sounds like you've been speaking with my colleagues at NinjaTrader Brokerage. They're pointing you in the right direction if you have in fact exhausted your free live data demos. If you have further questions about your options there, I'd suggest continuing the conversation you've been having with my colleagues.

With that said, once you've exhausted your free options for data, you can still use NinjaTrader with the Playback Connection without any cost to you. Click here to learn more.

Comment

Simulated trading never costs money which is what the 'Always free' line item is referring to. Any data feed (free demo or paid) would allow you to trade in simulation for free while viewing real-time live market data.

The Market Data Enablement form link you've provided is specific to NinjaTrader Brokerage accounts and their real-time data enablements. I'd suggest that you reply to my colleagues who've provided you with this information so that they may guide you through the account and data process. Here on the forums, we have limited ability to assist you with these items. If you need to start a new conversation, contact them directly at BrokerageSupport[AT]NinjaTradr[DOT]com.

They can also answer your live license key questions or you can email PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com.

Comment

Who the hell has ever told you that marketing should be free? No, wait, who the hell has ever told you that anything in this world should be free? That’s right, no one. No one, because you have to pay for everything that you get. You get your coffee, pay, you want a good game on your PS5, pay for it, and that’s explainable very easy. Everything in this damn world is a product of someone’s effort. That’s why it is very ok to pay for this Ninja Trader marketing services or whatever services you can find on places like Evolve and Adapt marketing. By the way, about the last one. Besides of being a very good company, they also have a list of the best ever marketing companies so you can take a look if you want. That look is free for sure!
        Last edited by Cegus; 02-25-2021, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cegus View Post
          Who the hell has ever told you that marketing should be free? No, wait, who the hell has ever told you that anything in this world should be free? That’s right, no one. No one, because you have to pay for everything that you get. You get your coffee, pay, you want a good game on your PS5, pay for it, and that’s explainable very easy. Everything in this damn world is a product of someone’s effort. That’s why it is very ok to pay for this Ninja Trader marketing services or whatever services you can find on places like Evolve and Adapt marketing. By the way, about the last one. Besides of being a very good company, they also have a list of the best ever marketing companies so you can take a look if you want. That look is free for sure!
          I wish someone else could send me his opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Iandian View Post

I wish someone else could send me his opinion
            I agree that sometimes the word FREE is used where it should not be used. I have an trading account at Ninjatrader and I am satisfied. But I must admit that Ninjatrader was not completelly honest. I asked the sales department what the costs where. The answer was: you pay the CME fees and that's all. There are never additional costs.

Reality was that there are inactivity fees that where never mentioned, and I think (never experienced it myself as my capital was much bigger) that the $400 starting capital does not allow you to trade futures anymore if your first trade is a loss, as you go under the $400 minimum. I would appreciate it if Ninjatrader would clearly communicate in a short list all the possible costs, because this information is sometimes difficult to find in the jungle of webpages. But theoretically all this you can find "somewhere" on the Ninjatrader website.

End conclusion: I was client at Tradestation from the early 90's (when they started to sell their first charting program) till 2014. Then I made the switch to Ninjatrader. I never regretted the switch, for me it was a massive improvement. Ninjatrader gives you the opportunity to trade with small expense and a small capital. For me the low capital requirements can be a danger for unexperienced traders. I would never trade a $400 account and surely not with $40 margin rates. But most brokers use these same insane (to me) margins.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB