Chart trading from charts with "one click"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emuns View Post

Yes, I did! In that post, Chelsea answered my own question. So I was trying to follow it, but it seems to be pretty complicated (or so it seems to me). But as I have already written, if it is easy for you, would you be so kind as to share your work? Or at least an attempt, even a failed one.

Thanks!
    Sorry emuns, I do not use or have any interest in this indicator. If it is of any real value, perhaps a third party will be happy to invest time on that for a fee.

Cheers!

Comment

For one-click order entry on the chart, please check our product here with a free trial:

https://www.volaty.com/products/indicators/clicker

Comment

This can't be the first time this was suggested to the development team? Placing limit orders via a clumsy dropdown menu is the worst thing about Ninjatrader IMO. Especially for short term traders whose primary entry methods are limit orders in fast-paced situations. The current limit order menu-method is so incredibly cumbersome it has absolutely been the bane of my NT experience. My awful workaround is to just keep pending limit orders parked away from price on the chart, ready to be dragged down when I need them - of course this leads to other potential issues, like the possibility of the market spiking at any moment and entering me into an unintentional trade. I don't understand why there isn't a bypass for the menu, it kind of defeats the purpose of chart trading. I wish NT would put more of a focus on key commands in general, especially for orders.

This Click Trader indicator in the video below has the exact functionality I've been looking for... apparently it was free but stopped working with more recent versions of NT. The website seems a little phish-ey or abandoned. Coding isn't really for me either, but I've heard people toss around how easy it is, I guess it must not be something that a lot of people care about. Does anyone have any idea how much it would it cost to clone something like this? It seems like most of the code is already out there and is purportedly a no-brainier for people who know what they're doing.

The ATM One-Click seems like it gets pretty close, but I would prefer being able to see the price positions on the cursor after clicking the modifier but before entering the trade (like in the Click Trader video example), without needing to toggle on the NT cross hairs, otherwise it seems like it could also be prone to additional misclicks. These vendor products are also very expensive.

While I'm here, I might as well mention... why is there a breakeven key command but not an option to offset it to make it a breakeven + 1, or something? Why is there a key command to increase/decrease last pending order price but there isn't there a key command to move stops or other orders on the chart up and down by specific tick increments during active trades? This would be especially useful for tightening stops. But the biggest issue by a landslide is that drop down menu. It literally obstructs the screen and makes you move away from what you were doing. It's like trying to hit a bullseye every time just to submit an order.

Last edited by augustfay; 04-08-2021, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by augustfay View Post
          This can't be the first time this was suggested to the development team? Placing limit orders via a clumsy dropdown menu is the worst thing about Ninjatrader IMO. Especially for short term traders whose primary entry methods are limit orders in fast-paced situations. The current limit order menu-method is so incredibly cumbersome it has absolutely been the bane of my NT experience. My awful workaround is to just keep pending limit orders parked away from price on the chart, ready to be dragged down when I need them - of course this leads to other potential issues, like the possibility of the market spiking at any moment and entering me into an unintentional trade. I don't understand why there isn't a bypass for the menu, it kind of defeats the purpose of chart trading. I wish NT would put more of a focus on key commands in general, especially for orders.

This Click Trader indicator in the video below has the exact functionality I've been looking for... apparently it was free but stopped working with more recent versions of NT. The website seems a little phish-ey or abandoned. Coding isn't really for me either, but I've heard people toss around how easy it is, I guess it must not be something that a lot of people care about. Does anyone have any idea how much it would it cost to clone something like this? It seems like most of the code is already out there and is purportedly a no-brainier for people who know what they're doing.

The ATM One-Click seems like it gets pretty close, but I would prefer being able to see the price positions on the cursor after clicking the modifier but before entering the trade (like in the Click Trader video example), without needing to toggle on the NT cross hairs, otherwise it seems like it could also be prone to additional misclicks. These vendor products are also very expensive.

While I'm here, I might as well mention... why is there a breakeven key command but not an option to offset it to make it a breakeven + 1, or something? Why isn't there a key command to move stops or other orders on the chart up and down by specific tick increments during pending and active trades? This would be especially useful for tightening stops. But the biggest issue by a landslide is that drop down menu. It literally obstructs the screen and makes you move away from what you were doing. It's like trying to hit a bullseye every time just to submit an order.
          I wouldn´t say most of the work is done. Rather, the opposite is true. The indicator mentioned in my post is only the beginning, and the most important part (add-on cooperating with ChartTrader) is the most fundamental and also the most difficult. I asked one developer how much it would cost to create something similar, what is on the video (not so complex) and the price was just over 700 euros. I wouldn´t say that the vendor products are very expensive (75 usd - VolatyTrading, is more than a good and reasonable price).

I agree with you that the current NT limit order menu-method is terrible!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by elliot5, Today, 03:37 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post elliot5
          by elliot5

Started by Papercut110, Today, 03:17 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes