Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart trading from charts with "one click"

Hello

Would you please consider adding a "one click functionality" when trading from the charts?

Unless I have misunderstood something, you need to first right click, then scroll up in a drop down menu to find something like "Buy limit 10 @ 3830" to place an order directly in the chart. This is not only hugely impractical (as in it simply is not an option) for scalping, but it is also very error-prone in case you happen to pick the wrong option in the process (I have done it...). One option that I know for a fact would be appreciated by many, would be a the ability to not have to scroll through a drag down menu, and simply accomplish this with one click. For example, you could envision CTRL + left click mouse to bypass the menu scrolling and simply enter the order as a limit order or whatever strategy you have set as your default. This feature is sold separately by at least a few vendors. It should really be a native feature in NT8.

Thank you.

Hello StockTrader88,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Shawn

Comment

If you are scalping, get a programmable keypad and use hotkeys. Hotkeys give you fast one-key functionality for orders and other NT actions.

This is a good keypad: https://xkeys.com/xkeys/keys.html

Comment

Thanks Lancer. Yeah, I do use hot keys and think they are an absolute necessity. They don't replace seemless chart trading for me though. Hot keys are static (eg join the bid, offer 2 ticks about the best offer etc), whereas chart is dynamic without any fixed benchmarks. Depends on your trading style and what you're trying to accomplish of course...

Comment

Hi StockTrader88, I know your request is for native functionality in NinjaTrader, but just wanted to mention that we've designed a product to help with one click trading, customizable hotkeys, and customizable chart trader buttons.

You can see example videos and download a free trial at our website: https://www.quicktradeninja.com
            quicktradeNJA
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Quick Trade Ninja

Comment

Hi StockTrader88,

If you want to place trades directly on the chart with a left-click and avoid that pop-up menu, check out the "ATM One-Click Trader" at the link below with more information and a video demo if you haven't already.

ATM One-Click Trader – Whitmark Development
              whitmark
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Whitmark Development

Comment

Originally posted by StockTrader88 View Post
                Hello

Would you please consider adding a "one click functionality" when trading from the charts?

Unless I have misunderstood something, you need to first right click, then scroll up in a drop down menu to find something like "Buy limit 10 @ 3830" to place an order directly in the chart. This is not only hugely impractical (as in it simply is not an option) for scalping, but it is also very error-prone in case you happen to pick the wrong option in the process (I have done it...). One option that I know for a fact would be appreciated by many, would be a the ability to not have to scroll through a drag down menu, and simply accomplish this with one click. For example, you could envision CTRL + left click mouse to bypass the menu scrolling and simply enter the order as a limit order or whatever strategy you have set as your default. This feature is sold separately by at least a few vendors. It should really be a native feature in NT8.

Thank you.
                Before you spend your $s, there are several chart trader indicators on this forum that perhaps do what you are looking for, if you do a search, including these indicators:

Could use some help on wanting to add a buy and sell buttons to chart trader and want to have when I hit a buy or sell button to put a limit order at the previous bar closed price to buy or sell at that price or better. Might even if it wouldn't be to hard to even just hit the button as the candle is forming to place the order

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post

Before you spend your $s, there are several chart trader indicators on this forum that perhaps do what you are looking for, if you do a search, including these indicators:

Could use some help on wanting to add a buy and sell buttons to chart trader and want to have when I hit a buy or sell button to put a limit order at the previous bar closed price to buy or sell at that price or better. Might even if it wouldn't be to hard to even just hit the button as the candle is forming to place the order

Cheers!
                  Unfortunately, that's not it. The closest is probably this (see below), but unfortunately it does not work with "ChartTrader". That's the hardest part of the whole script. The 3rd party solutions presented above are nice, but the open script is always better...

Faster order entry on Chart Trader. Click Trader? - NinjaTrader Support Forum

Comment

Hello StockTrader88,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-680. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.
                    When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
                    Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
                    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by emuns View Post

The 3rd party solutions presented above are nice, but the open script is always better...
                      The point is that there are several indicators that with or without minor edits would do the work. But, nothing is wrong with the easy one-click buy or sell buttons in default chart trader when it is open and using an ATM Strategy to place conditional entry and stops, etc.

Comment

The point is that there are several indicators that with or without minor edits would do the work. But, nothing is wrong with the easy one-click buy or sell buttons in default chart trader when it is open and using an ATM Strategy to place conditional entry and stops, etc.
                        Hi,

If it's that simple for you, could I ask for your help with the indicator I've referenced? Could you make these minor changes so that the indicator can interact with ChartTrader?

Thank you!

Comment

Hi,

If it's that simple for you, could I ask for your help with the indicator I've referenced? Could you make these minor changes so that the indicator can interact with ChartTrader?

Thank you!
                          I completely agree with you. Make it plz!
                          Last edited by DylanRandall; 04-04-2021, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you!
                            Did you follow the examples provided here?

Hi, I love trading with the Chart Trader, but adding orders can be a bit slow at times as you need multiple clicks and need to locate the right choice after the initial right click. There's a solution for sale here: https://ninjatools.studio/clicktrader-ninjatrader-demo? This lets you add orders just by clicking on the

Comment

Did you follow the examples provided here?

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...74#post1127674
                              Yes, I did! In that post, Chelsea answered my own question. So I was trying to follow it, but it seems to be pretty complicated (or so it seems to me). But as I have already written, if it is easy for you, would you be so kind as to share your work? Or at least an attempt, even a failed one.

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                              166 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post sidlercom80  
                              Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view