Requested Options and Option Chain Feature Enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Options and Option Chain Feature Enhancements

I am pleased to see the evolving NT Equity Options Capabilities. Thank you!

Please capture these as Options related Feature Requests with at least some overlap in benefit for both Futures and Equity Options.

NT Team please capture these as Option Chain NT Feature Requests or add my vote to existing requests.
    • "Send To" capabilities increased to include at least lower data overhead 'Line on Close" Charting
    • In priority order additional Option Chain > Properties > Columns alternatives: 1) Open Interest, 2) IV, 3) Delta and 4) Mark, and 5) % Change (the brother of Net Change). Mark & %Change might be the easiest to add first because you are already pulling the required data (Bid/Ask and Last/Net Change).
    • Allow me to chose a display for Bid and Ask that includes Size, so instead of sacrificing a column for just a Bid price (e.g. 11.35) I can display in the existing Bid column PRICExSIZE (e.g. 11.35x12)
    • Allow for Additional Columns on each side of the chain. Fully understand a default delivery of laptop friendly screen widths and screens that require less data and CPU load. Please allow expansion of 2, 4 additional columns on each side.
    Fully understand a number of reasons to keep Option Chain width narrower by default. I believe there is a sizable untapped market opportunity in using Ninjatrader type capabilities identify and capture option opportunities. The customer seeking these capabilities at least for the analysis and concept development cycles will be using one or multiple 4k, 5k or 8k monitors. Even a low end Hisense $280 Android or Roku TV from BestBuy brings using a big 4k monitor within reach of those who would I expect would pragmatically be potential customer of funded licenses.

Additional Options Symbol related feature requests:
    • Highest priority > NinjaScript access to Option symbol data being processed today .. E.g. Last, Size, Bid, Ask, Net Change, etc.) example of another person with this desire https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...in-ninjascript
    • At least limited NinjaScript indicator and strategy capability (see Limited note below)
    • At least light NT Charting capability for symbols (see Limited note below)
    • Ability to include specific options symbols in MarketWatch
    • Ability to include specific options symbols in MarketAnalyzer

* Limited Charting and NinjaScript capabilities: With an eye toward data, API, CPU and Memory load pressures I can easily live without full bar type data sets for each option symbol. All I need would be Close bars created from Tick counter or time based period bucketing of "Last" and Line on Close rather than more complex Charting bar types.

HedgePlay

Last edited by hedgeplay; 03-18-2021, 10:49 AM.

Hello ##CUSTOMERFIRST##,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted your requests the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5227. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
      Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Tyler!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Tim-c
        by Tim-c