My recent posts is not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My recent posts is not updating

I noticed that my posts of last week don't appear on the list if I click on "My recent posts". At least 3 posts are missing.

Hello marcus2300,

Can you please tell me if you see the posts if you check the forum threads in question?

Does it make a difference if you log out and log back into the support forum?

Could it be you expect each post in a forum thread to be listed here? When I check it on my end, it does not show each individual post. If I posted more than once in a thread, it only shows it once.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I click on "My recent posts".
      I get a list with posts (including the one I made today on which you responded).

But I had a few postings yesterday in another thread and they never appeared in the "My recent posts" list.

This is the thread where I posted: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...inactivity-fee
      So I see the posts there, but they don't appear in my list. Even not once.
      I already logged in and out several times without any result.

I added the list that I get.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-06-24 11_53_25-Search Result - NinjaTrader Support Forum.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1161224
      Last edited by marcus2300; 06-24-2021, 03:55 AM.

Comment

I do see these posts however in Message center.

Name:	aaaa.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1161226

Comment

I notice the forum thread in question started in 2013. Am I correct all other threads under "My recent posts" did not start that long ago?

I would then suggest to use the Message center to access the forum thread instead.

Comment

Jason,

I have threads with posts from 2006 already.

I found the problem. Although it is mentioned that he should sort by Date last updated" and "descending", he sorts them "descending" on date of creation of the thread.

I changed the sorting order to RELEVANCE and asked after that again sort by "Date last updated" and "descending", and now he shows it correctly.
            So refreshing the search fixed the problem.

Comment

Jason,

I logged out completely, closed my browser, opened it again and logged in again.
              If I go to My recent posts again, I see the problem occur again.
              The settings are very clear: "Sort By Date -last update" and "Descending".
              But my posts from yesterday are gone again.
              In reality they are sorted by "Date started post", so the title of the search is not corresponding with what happens. Looks like a bug to me.

Name:	ddddd.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1161233

Comment

Thank you for reporting.

If you change the sorting order to "Relevance" again and then sort by "Date last updated", do the posts from yesterday show again? If so, do they keep showing as long as you are logged into the support forum?

Comment

1. When I open the link "My Open Posts", the sorting that is mentioned on top is not what you see below. So it should be sort on" Date last update" but it is "sorted on Date started post".
                  2. I changed to Relevance, and after that I choose sort on last update.
                  3. After that I see the correct posts in correct order.
                  4. Then I watched a few other pages on the support forum and asked again the Recent posts. The order is not correct anymore. It is again sported on starting date of the thread. So If you change to any other page, the correct info is lost.
                  5. When you open the "Recent posts" page, a query should give it in the correct sorting order. That is not happening. The query "sort on date of first post" is linked to that page instead of the query "sort on date of last update".
                  6. So you should first "sort on "relevance", and then "sort on last update" to get the correct list. If you leave that page and come back, the list is changed again and not correct anymore. So you should each time repeat the procedure.
                  There is an error in the programming. Wrong query is linked.

Comment

I don't experience this on my end. Whenever I go to "My Recent Posts" it shows the threads descending as expected (based on last update of the thread, not when it started).

When I switch it to "Date - started post", it sorts the threads based on when they started. Then if I switch back to "Date - last update", it sorts the threads based on the last update of the thread again. I tried other switches, but I can't reproduce the issue.

Have you always experienced this issue or did it start to happen since last week?

If you log out after it shows "Date - last update" correctly and then log back in, do you still experience the issue?

Comment

I don't know how long this is happening. Did not pay attention to it.

If you log out after it shows "Date - last update" correctly and then log back in, do you still experience the issue? I did this and the list was again wrong. I don't even have to log out. Just switch to one other page and come back and the error is there again.

Should I film everything and send it?

EDIT: after posting this post I went back to My Recent Posts, and the list was wrong again.

I used Firefox and Chrome, both give the same results.
                      Last edited by marcus2300; 06-24-2021, 07:17 AM.

Comment

The list below is generated by the website. I cannot manipulate it.
                        We see:
                        • Sort By Date-last update Descending (generated by the website)
                        • In the left column we see dates that show when the thread was started. (generated by the website)
                        • These dates are in descending order.
                        • Top right marked green we see LAST POST. In the column under LAST POST we should see when the last post was made. WE see already 2 places where the descending order is not correct. I marked them Red and Green. The 2 red ones are in the wrong order.03-17-2021 should be above 02-04-2021. Same problem with the green ones.
                        So when opening the webpage the title does not correspond with what it shows. I cannot manipulate in any way this report. It is generated by the written software. The sorting order based on LAST POST is wrong too. I cannot manipulate that too.
                        I tested on 2 different browsers to be sure that my settings are not messing things up. But both give exactly the same result.

I don't understand why it is correct on your side.

Name:	nazien.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	1161260

Comment

Can you please send me an email at "platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com" that includes the email address used for your forum account. Please put 'Att Jason, 3155182' in the subject field of your email.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes