Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[BUG] Strategy Analyzer - Strategy submenus limited to 16 items

Hi,

I have 19 different strategies under a subfolder called HonestRobotTrader. When I open the Strategy Analyzer window and click the dropdown menu for Strategy, the HonestRobotTrader will show a maximum of 16 items and won't allow me to select other strategies. I tried to use the mouse wheel and keyboard arrows to see if I can scroll in the view, but that didn't help. Please, see the pictures below for a better understading.

I would appreciate a quick fix for that, it's a paid product that will go to production very soon. Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version

Name:	OTjKfkB.png
Views:	194
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	1163390Click image for larger version

Name:	AIddiAj.png
Views:	155
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1163393
    Attached Files

Hello @tmc_,

Thanks for your post.

I have tested this by creating a subfolder in the Strategies folder and adding 19 strategies to the subfolder. Then, I opened a New > Strategy Analyzer window, selected the Strategy drop-down menu, and I was able to see all 19 of the strategies located in the subfolder. See the attached screenshot.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)

I am attaching an export of the subfolder that I tested on my end containing 19 strategies. Please import the attached zip and test viewing the strategies in the Strategy Analyzer. Are you able to see all 19 strategies listed in the subfolder named 'Strats' in the Strategy drop-down menu of the Strategy Analyzer?

If you are doing something different than I am, please modify the zip and return it with your changes.

I look forward to your reply.
    Attached Files
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry, it appears to be a problem in the code for strategies 17 and higher. Unfortunately, there was no error in the log or trace so I assumed it's a bug in the platform. You can ignore this post.

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_BrandonH,

Thanks for such a quick response! It was an error on my end, you can close or remove this post. I was setting strategy properties from an embedded XML file (strategy template) in SetDefaults state and for whatever reason, the Strategy Analyzer does not like that, doesn't construct those strategies, and won't print anything in the log.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick