Feature Request : Adjust Line Lengths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request : Adjust Line Lengths

I'm sure that many users, like me, mark up their charts at the end of the day and save them for study.

The horizontal line lengths of the drawing objects, e.g., fib extensions, retracements, and Risk-Reward, extend passed the edge of the screen and those lengths aren't adjustable. After you've placed several drawing objects on a chart, the chart becomes difficult to read. Additionally, if you don't delete the objects before the next session and price has moved into a new region, NT will often scrunch the chart to maintain them in view. There's then no choice but to delete them, making it impossible to later view those annotations where you had placed them.

It would be helpful to have a property which would enable the user to set the line lengths to an arbitrary number based on the periodicity, e.g., 10 on a 3 minute chart would set the line length to 30 minutes. If you switched to a 5 minute chart, the length would then change to 50 minutes, etc.

There might be better ways to accomplish the same result, but this would certainly be one.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Stephen

Hello sgordet,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello sgordet,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5360. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
      Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
      3 responses
      1 like
      Last Post PaulMohn  
      Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes