software will not connect to verify license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

software will not connect to verify license

NinjaTrader should be #1 platform. Everything sounds too good to be true with NinjaTrader. When you take a closer look...NinjaTrader needs a better marketing team, software engineers and website developers/designers. I didn't even know NT offered FOREX. I had to google it in order to find this webpage [ https://ninjatrader.com/Forex-Trading-Platform ] The main website only mentions FUTURES. It does not mention currencies except bitcoin futures. The NT software will NOT connect to verify license no matter what you do to fix the problem recommended by NinjaTrader tech support. I don't recall the last time I saw a NinjaTrader advertisement online. Is NinjaTrader going out of business? I want to trade with NinjaTrader. However, the software won't allow me as well as thousands more people to trade with it. I suggest NinjaTrader fix this issue on their end. I already tried everything tech support recommended on my end. NinjaTrader should build an online trading platform or team up with a 3rd party platform like tradingview or something. NinjaTrader is sabotaging itself. Who's in charge over there? It's being ran down to the ground.

The NinjaTrader software was originally built with futures in mind. Additionally, our brokerage is a futures broker. I hope you can understand why most of our marketing and focus would be there. With that said, as you mentioned, you can connect to other asset classes and brokers. A full list of connection technologies and supported brokers can be found at the links below:The symptoms you're reporting are certainly not universal to all users and we are not experiencing any global issues on our end. We would need to investigate further into your particular case to find a solution for you.

The license verification symptom you're reporting typically occurs when NinjaTrader cannot connect to its licensing servers meaning that there is an issue locally with your network or in the path between your PC and those servers. I was unable to locate a ticket in our system with the email address you used to create this forum account, however, I'd suggest that you follow up with who you've been working with for further troubleshooting.

In general, for other's reference, here are some network troubleshooting steps that we find can often resolve this symptom (test after each step):
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
    • Restart your PC
    • Clear your DNS
    • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
    • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
    • Ensure that your computer is not turning off your Network Adapter to conserve power:
      • Right-click on your Start button
      • Select 'Device Manager'
      • Expand 'Network Adapters'
      • Right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties > Power Management
      • Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option
      • Click 'OK' to save the changes
      • Do this for all Network Adapters
    • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.

Comment

This is the biggest concern. Ninjatrader has not support crypto currency, and has the restrictions when dealing with the crypto exchanges.

Comment

This is my kind request to NinjaTrader, please allow crypto currencies too. There's a lot of times I have to hold my self when I find out that I can't use crypto currencies.

Comment

You can receive data for crypto currencies in NinjaTrader using the free Coinbase connection which you can use to trade in simulation. You can find the Coinbase connection guide at the link below.

Unfortunately trading crypto currencies live is not supported.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Jason , do you know when Crypto (and other fractional quantity) instruments will be supported?

Comment

Generally, we have no publicly available timeline for any changes to the NinjaTrader platform. When changes occur, they'll be mentioned in the release notes. You could also monitor the News and Announcements sub-forum.

Comment

It is correct to say that NinjaTrader does not currently support trading Cryptocurrency Instruments in live Accounts. Only NinjaTrader knows what plans, if any, there are in that respect.

It is worth noting, however, that Cryptocurrency Futures Instruments can be traded in live Accounts.
                Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                jeronymite
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post love2code2trade  
                Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM