Pyrapoint/Pyratool request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pyrapoint/Pyratool request

Is it possible in the near future to have pyrapoint/pyratool (both are the same, just the name is different) in Ninjatrader? Here in Hungary we are using 2-4 softwares inculding ninjatrader but that could reduce to 2 softwares and lots of people would move to ninjatrader.

Pyratool is a very powerful drawingtool that can be used for identifying trends. It is only availavle for very very few softwares in this market but lots of traders would like to use it. As far as I know there are 2-5 softwares supporting this feature (I know 2 one of them is Ensign Windows)

Here is a sample...http://www.ensignsoftware.com/tips/tradingtips18.htm

Thanks for your suggestion. Will pass it on to development for future considerations.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Pyrapoint Tool

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vince View Post
      Thanks for your suggestion. Will pass it on to development for future considerations.

Dear all

I have only today joined on to this forum (as I am evaluating Ninjatrader in order to evaluate the new John Crane Reactionpointtrading third party software add on designed for use on Ninjatrader. Otherwise I have no previous knowledge of using Ninja Trader or its tools, or it’s indicator coding requirements.

Searching the forum using one of my favourite trading topics,” Pyrapoint”, I came upon the 4 posts between 2008 and 2010 obviously a few years old.

One Pyrapoint tool request was referred to NT development but does not seem to have gone anywhere as there are no subsequent posts. I can understand the non-response as you have to have read Don E. Hall’s book and understand the Pyrapoint methodology in order to understand what the tool is supposed to do). To my knowledge there are about 5 other software companies that make a Pyrapoint tool available for traders.

Pyrapoint can be a very good approach to Commodity or Stock trading, and it is based on price and time projections. Don E. Hall in his original book advises that the Pyrapoint theory is a derivative of W.D. Gann's "Square of 9 methodology", and it is not too dissimilar to how some stock market “square root” theories work. Another analogy, is that it like a variable Gann grid but the next "squares" are derived from where prices has moved to new a significant high or low "starting" price

About 7 months ago I communicated with MotiveWave software to help them develop their Pyrapoint tool which is now available in their Gann module. That particular Pyrapoint tool (has user options to apply linear time or non-linear time squaring of price.

As I do not know the Ninja Trader code requirements, I am happy to provide the specifications to develop a Pyrapoint Tool for Ninja Trader if there is someone perhaps in Ninja Development with a deeper coding knowledge, than normal indicators, to write the code to develop a Ninja Trader "Pyrapoint" tool. The reason is that the code for a Pyrapoint tool, is I suspect will be a bit more difficult than a “normal indicator” coding challenge.

cmacdon

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post arvidvanstaey  
      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes