Increase number of Fibonacci retracement levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increase number of Fibonacci retracement levels

This is a very simple request, which should be easy to implement.

Currently the fibonacci retracements tool only allows ten levels. To me this is a limitation. We're dealing with fibonacci numbers here not the metric system.

I'd like to have:

But that can't be done with the current 10 level limit.

Ideally up to 21 levels should be possible to allow negative retracements as well.

I second this, I need 20 levels

I need 20 levels, or else it is back to QCharts.

Comment

Originally posted by dparizek View Post
      I need 20 levels, or else it is back to QCharts.
      You can overlap a few sets drawn manually, which is obviously not ideal, but where the two sets overlap would be a 'stronger' signal.

You can also check the forum for an indicator I created called 'fiblines' it will draw all levels from -100 to +200% automatically on a chart based on a specified start date.

It could be adapted to show -200 to +200%, but I've basically abandoned development until someone can figure out why the StartTime variable causes errors in strategies as that was the whole reason I made it.

Comment

Fibonacci Retracements

I need at least 12 levels, and a vertical anchor line would be helpful

Comment

Add Levels to Fibonacci Extension tool also...

A few more levels in the Fibonacci Extension tool would be good also. 10 is not quite enough for some options....perhaps 15 to 18 or so...

Thanks...

Comment

I agree. In fact, I don't see why there could not be 40 levels as a maximum number.
            I would also like to see the ability to save specific settings in a settings file, so that, for instance, when you click properties of a drawn fib tool, you would have the option to select a different settings file (containing different level settings, as for example, Gann levels based on 1/8s or 12.5 %).
            mikey

Comment

This looks bad... there are more then 4 years since this has been requested and NT didn't do anything for it. In fact, in a more recent post they said that was suggested to development for future updates. Is it really THAT complicated to add few more fields in Fib tool window!? I agree this is not a critical update, but is also not a hell of a work to make it. Since NT8 is on the way, we can only hope it was changed there, or it will likely never be added.

Comment

Hello draime,

It is being considered for future releases of NinjaTrader and I will forward this again to our Development team to look into for NinjaTrader 8. Note that even small changes to code can lead to bug and breaking other functions.
                JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
                  Hello draime,

It is being considered for future releases of NinjaTrader and I will forward this again to our Development team to look into for NinjaTrader 8. Note that even small changes to code can lead to bug and breaking other functions.
                  No offense but that has been said for the last 4 years about this feature. I would agree with your bug concern if you were a small indi developer with limited time or resources, but is not the case...

Comment

Again...you need at minimum double the number of levels than shown currently in this tool...

Also...when the top & bottom of the tool levels may be significantly above or below the chart....the chart can become squished vertically...you want to see at times the tool lines through the chart levels but not squish the chart. Tradestation has a useful icon..."Include Analysis Technique in Scaling Range"....something like this is needed to turn off & on the scaling range of this (or any other) tool in Ninja.

I suggest that Ninja scrap the programming of the usually totally useless Stocks & Commodities indicators that seem to be programed every month along with the numerous other indicators (and some of these are also questionably useful) the staff is doing in Version 7 Indicators and spend the time doing some useful things that have been asked for ....asked for years now....

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred View Post
                      Also...when the top & bottom of the tool levels may be significantly above or below the chart....the chart can become squished vertically...you want to see at times the tool lines through the chart levels but not squish the chart. Tradestation has a useful icon..."Include Analysis Technique in Scaling Range"....something like this is needed to turn off & on the scaling range of this (or any other) tool in Ninja. ...
                      That is the purpose of the autoScale property. Turn it off if you do not want drawings to affect the chart display dimensions.

Comment

One more suggestion ...
                        be able to highlight the tool by clicking anyplace on any tool line...at times the set up line is way off the chart to the left and you do not really want to need to scroll back or compress to be able to highlight and get to tool properties...

and thanks for the autoscale reminder...

Comment

Hello Alfred,

I will forward this to our Development team as well, but I do not think something like this would be changed as it would be increasing difficult to select objects if they are drawn over one another for example if you have 3 different rectangles, each one inside of a bigger one, you would have to move all of the ones in front of it to get the the smallest one or change the Z-Order.

Happy to be of further assistance.
                          JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Now with Ninja rectangles, triangles, fibo extensions etc...you can click anyplace on the object to get to properties...even on 3 rectangles inside each other...so why not be able click anyplace on the fibo retrace lines, gann fann & fibo time lines etc to highlight...??...
                            this method seems to work well in Tradestation charts...

Last edited by Alfred; 08-09-2013, 09:45 AM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Perhaps an icon for turning auto-scale on and off when an object has been
                              highlighted (as accidentally suggested below) might be an OK idea after considering this a bit more....

Normally to get to autoscale it takes 3 clicks to get into autoscale after highlight and 3 clicks then to get out of it if desired. This is 6 clicks per round trip...a round trip on this would be just 2 clicks on an icon (after highlight)....

Seems like an icon could be more efficient here...

And what about a live icon to restore a charts right side X axis rather than the triangles in the upper right chart corner....??
                              The icon could change colors & pattern for different states...plus another icon for stay in draw mode would be handy...a different color when in draw mode....then would be easy to glance to see if in draw mode or not...plus perhaps 8 to 10 custom icons to which one could assign hot keys and different formats of draw objects or indicators....this would be very useful (like different colors for buy & sell applications of a tool on a chart)....there was an old program (Master Chartist) that had this feature and it was great solution to expand the use of existing tools....

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post PaulMohn  
                              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post GLFX005