Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

After using NT8 for a few weeks, here are my main pain points...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After using NT8 for a few weeks, here are my main pain points...

Hi,

using NT8 on Windows now for 5-6 weeks and would like to share my most missing features coming from TradingView (I also know that for some there are Requests here in the forum, but some go back to 2017 and still not developed)
    • Horizonal Ray with Price label (I use a 3rd-party extension, but don't know why this is default)
    • Easy way to draw a simple perfect horizontal line from one e.g. wick (to mark a future reference point or so) (In TradingView I hold SHIFT while drawing and it is 100% horizontal)
    • Snaping to candles/price feels weird and no easy option to "unlock" it for a short time (CTRL in TV)
      • I have assigned Hotkeys to disable and enable my most used setups, but it could be a lot easier
    • Templates are there, but to load one, you have to do to many clicks (I use them there but hate the extra steps)
      • I already posted on such a request a few days ago, so that it get pushed higher in prio
    • I want to move my chart just with the mouse in any direction, without holding CTRL, why can't I set this as default?
    • Undo last 1,...n drawing on a chart. If I accidentally drag a line while moving the chart, I cannot undo that move easily (CTRL-Z is Windows Standard for that feature on nearly every program)

I also think, that most of the above wishes are no big changes, so this post is my wishlist for the near future on NT8 :-)

Thanks!

Hello Stratinator,

Thanks for the post.

Thank you very much for the suggestions! I have forwarded them to our development team for review and will follow up with tracking numbers once I have them available.

Thank you for your patience.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Stratinator,
      Don't raise you hopes making any improvments to the platform. I made several suggestions and have been ignored after forwarding them. It's a 20 year old platform developers may not being capable of improving. Just don't blame it onto the support team. They are good people.

I have chosen other directions to avoid hitting my head against a brick wall. There are so many other software platforms far better than NT created using current software development technologies.

When you are making good money with a sow's ear, why make it a silk purse?
      Morris

Comment

Platform age is not, of itself, an indication of "good" or "not good". In fact, many well-known platforms are significantly "older" than NinjaTrader.

For example, here are some platforms with their first release dates (as best I could determine, noting that the companies may have started even before the first release):
        • TradeStation 1991
        • Interactive Brokers 1993
        • Sierra Chart 1996
        • TD Ameritrade/Thinkorswim 1999
        • eSignal 2001
        • NinjaTrader 2003
        • MT4 2005
        • MultiCharts 2005
        • eToro 2007
        • ZuluTrade 2008
        • TradingView 2011
        • Tastytrade 2011
        • Tradovate 2015 (recently purchased by NinjaTrader)
        • NinjaTrader 8 2016
        • SmartTrader 2017
        Given that NinjaTrader 8 is the latest release of the platform (first available in 2016), it is arguably younger than a number of other similar platforms; again, noting that age (young or old) doesn't necessarily correlate with good or not good. Platforms are, after all, just tools for trading, and every trader will want tools that suit their own needs, with no two traders likely to have exactly the same requirements.

By comparison with many of the platforms listed, NinjaTrader has unique qualities, particularly in its user-programmable extensibility, one of the most sophisticated I have come across. With NinjaTrader's recent purchase of Tradovate, there are potentially many interesting developments ahead.

All that as may be, keeping a platform "current" is always a challenge, and NinjaTrader does, in my view, find it challenging to meet the many and varied expectations of its user community. Yet it must be noted that not all user expectations can be said to be reasonable from a commercial perspective for any company. It is essential that companies make good commercial decisions, many of which by nature cannot be publicly known, so as to maintain the corporate longevity for the benefit of company, customers and users. Again in my view, a little more transparency in this respect would be well-regarded by the community of users. It's a tricky balance for any organisation.

All purely personal opinion.

Thanks.
        Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
        jeronymite
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Originally posted by Stratinator View Post
          Hi,
          • Horizonal Ray with Price label
          • I have assigned Hotkeys to disable and enable my most used setups, but it could be a lot easier
          • Templates are there, but to load one, you have to do to many clicks (I use them there but hate the extra steps)

Thanks!
          Hi @Stratinator,

I would suggest downloading and install my "A mahToolBar" indicator from the shared apps window here:

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...paign=UserApps

To save chart space this toolbar indicator will install in the main NT8 toolbar and includes all Drawing Tools, and more, that can be accessed with one-click, including Horizaontal Ray w/label, Chart templates, etc.

Each drawing tool has an individual check box on indicator parameters list that you can sellect to show in the toolbar. So, you can check only your favorite tools to show in the toolbar or as many as you wish. Any of the drawing tools that can be assigned to a hot key is alreay included, plus several other additional tools.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by aligator; 05-02-2022, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post

I would suggest downloading and install my "A mahToolBar" indicator from the shared apps window here:
            Thanks, this was the first "shared app" that I installed and the one I referred to in my original post .
            I use the HorizontalRay "indicator" every day and it is a big help for me!

Thanks for this!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Brevo
            by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
            0 responses