Enhance Playback mode to allow a specific start date and time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enhance Playback mode to allow a specific start date and time

I am finding the playback connector to be an awesome tool to debug my code.

It would be great to be able to select the Start Date and a Start Time

say 05/03/2022 just add a 24 hour scroll, I would like even a Date, Hour and Minute start point

Anyone else interested please upvote.

Hello BartMan,

Thank you for the message.

There is already a feature similar to this when using the Playback Connection:
    • Set the End and Start Date in the Playback tile
    • Right-click on the Playback Tile > Click "Go to"
    • Select your desired Date and Time and click OK
      • The Playback Slider will jump to the Date and Time you specified

Please see the following link for more information on the other options that appear within the Playback Tile's right-click menu:
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK I found that setting, it resets to 9PM every time. In fact I set the time and it does not even go to that time

Comment

Hello BartMan,

Thank you for the update.

Please use the video camera on your phone or a screen capturing program to record this behavior and send that in your response so we can see the exact steps you are taking and try to replicate the behavior on our end.

If you are unable to capture a video without also showing private or sensitive information, please use the steps below to write to the Platform Support Team directly so we may look into this behavior further.
        • Go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support
        • Enter your email
        • Enter the Subject as "Clayton ATTN 3604533"
        • Expand the "Other files" section
        • Check the following boxes:
        • Log and Trace files
        • Workspace and UI Settings
        • Templates
        • Send the message

Comment

Clayton, thank you! In setting up the capture I discovered a step that resolves the issue. If I disable the strategy in control center I can adjust the time. I am printing 12 variables per tick and the playback as well as current time. If debug print is on it goes to bar one and essentially times out. In trying to hide my proprietary method I came across the resolution. I was going to just show the built in SMA which had no issue once I enabled my strategy with full debug print behavior changed quite a bit. I still would prefer the ability to go back and play from a given start multiple times.

Comment

Hello BartMan,

I may not be fully understanding how you would like this feature to work.

Please provide a thorough description of how you would like the feature you are talking about to be different from the current "Go to" function and explain how you really want it to work so I may submit that as a feature request to the development team on your behalf.

We look forward to your response!

Comment

I would like the feature to set playback to max speed from 5 min after close on Friday and resume selected speed 5 min before the open Sunday The daily settlement period would also be great but the largest dead time in Friday -> Sunday.

Comment

Hello BartMan,

I wanted to ask, have you tried using the Strategy Analyzer yet?

It allows you to define a Start Date, an End Date, and a Trading Hours template.
                • You could find or set up a custom Trading Hours Template to exclude the hours/days you do not want to test and then customize things from there.
                Please see the following Help Guide Link for more information on the Strategy Analyzer:
                I am submitting your suggestion as a Feature Request and will be responding with the internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Clayton, thanks I have not used Ninja Strategy Analyzer yet, but I will get there. I have previously used Tradestation equivalent and found that it helped me curve fit a past market but I am at the stage where I want to focus on the code operation properly in most cases. They are separate functions. I will go through strategy analyzer in detail once I have the code correct.

I have cases where the entries do not fire as planned. I also want to ensure I do not have cases where the stop fails as it is too close I place my stop @ safe ticks above or below such as
                  GetCurrentAsk() - (SafeTicks * TickSize)

Comment

Hello BartMan,

Thank you for the follow-up message.

If you are working on your NinjaScript Strategy/Add-on and looking for feedback, it would be best if you created a new post in the "Strategy Development" or "Indicator Development" section of the Forum. This is the "Suggestions and Feedback" section.

Or, write in directly to the Platform Support team and let us know that you have questions on a NinjaScript Strategy you are working on yourself and we could then get you connected with the NinjaScripting team for more information.
                    • Send an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOTcom with the respective @ and .
                    • Make sure to let us know that you made the NinjaScript Strategy and that it did not come from a 3rd party developer
                    • Provide more information on what is going on and what you need further information and help with

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
                    116 responses
                    1 like
                    Last Post kevinenergy  
                    Started by franatas, 12-04-2023, 03:43 AM
                    7 responses
                    0 likes