Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please add multithreaded single instruments

Hi Ninjas,

this is a feature request for the most limiting point of the platform. New ticks coming in are only calculated on one core. Not on all cores leading to a very limited number of Orderflow indicators. It's nice that it's multithreaded for several instruments at a time and historical data, but when you have to remove some indicators simply because the platform only utilizes one single core of many in live trading for one instruments it's just unnecessary.
    Please add this asap, guys! Would appreciate it a lot and I am sure many more too.

Greetings

Hello seykool,

I've moved your post to the Suggestions And Feedback section of the forums as this is a feature request and is not an inquiry asking for assistance with development (programming in C#).

I will submit your feature request to our development for consideration.

Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will post in this thread for future reference.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello seykool,

This request is being tracked with ID# SFT-5589.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by seykool View Post
        Hi Ninjas,

this is a feature request for the most limiting point of the platform. New ticks coming in are only calculated on one core. Not on all cores leading to a very limited number of Orderflow indicators. It's nice that it's multithreaded for several instruments at a time and historical data, but when you have to remove some indicators simply because the platform only utilizes one single core of many in live trading for one instruments it's just unnecessary.
        Please add this asap, guys! Would appreciate it a lot and I am sure many more too.

Greetings
        To run NT well, you need to get the fastest single core CPU...

It is such a wonderful platform otherwise.

I have suggested them to opensource part of the code so others can contribute to making it better.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post traderqz  
        Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Skifree