Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enable better template management in the Drawing Object Panel

Hi!

I'm using NinjaTrader 8.0.27.1 64-bit, and this is my first proposal for a possible minor future enhancement of the NinjaTrader platform.

I use Draw Objects a lot. I also resort primarily to their templates but find it hard to manage them. I want to select ranges of Draw Objects, either contiguous ones with the Shift key or discontinuous ones with the Ctrl, and change their template simultaneously. This is not possible in the version above. I can select multiple objects, but the Template button is disabled.

Finally, I'd rather have the possibility to associate a hotkey for getting a new DrawingObject Panel instead of going to the toolbar, scrolling down, and selecting it.
    Last edited by Gianpiero; 01-23-2023, 07:03 AM. Reason: Fixed typo.

Hello Gianpiero,

I'm not seeing that your post involves programming or NinjaScript development, or code in anway.

I've move your thread from the development section of the forums to the Suggestions and Feedback section of the forums as this appears to be a feature request and not an inquiry for assistance with developing NinjaScript code.

If I've misunderstood and moved this thread in error, please let me know and I will move the thread back.

Regarding your inquiry, you would like to select multiple objects in the Drawing Objects window to change multiple object properties at the same, and you would like a hot key to open the Drawing Objects window, is this correct?

I will submit a feature request for the development team consider this.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's correct! Sorry for posting in the wrong section.

Comment

Hello Gianpiero,

This request to 'select multiple objects in the Drawing Objects window to change multiple object properties at the same​' is being tracked with ID# SFT-5743.

This request to 'and you would like a hot key to open the Drawing Objects window​' is being tracked with ID# SFT-2386.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by XXtrader, Today, 11:30 PM
        0 responses