Optimizer output export: params in seperate columns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optimizer output export: params in seperate columns

If one exports the results of an optimization to an excel file, the parameters that are used are then put into one column. It would be convenient to have these parameters each in a seperate column. That makes it easier to do post-processing/ analyzing, especially if many parameters are used. Right now I have to do this manually.

I will forward your suggestion to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is a good suggestion (I also made it a few months ago). In the meantime, the Excel "Text to Columns" tool can work around this, though it is a manual process each time.

Comment

I second this request

Actually I third this request.

Each optimized parameter should appear in its own column in the Optimizer tab, and that column should be sortable.

I also need to see the full set of optimization results with parameter values from min to max, not just the first 10 or 100 etc, although the work-around is easy enough (setting it to 500).

This is a key part of the optimization process and it is a major feature of software such as TradeStation and TradingBlox. It is actually quite surprising that NT doesn't have it.

Once this is in place, to facilitate the analysis, I should be able to chart the optimization, e.g. parameter on the x-axis, profit on the y-axis.

In other programs it is possible to make 3-D graphs which show a 'landscape' of optimization results. This provides excellent information about the optimization and the strategy. I can give you more background if you wish. This is not something I have dreamt up for myself - it's a common process for properly optimizing mechanical trading systems.

At the very least, NT should allow me to export the complete optimization result set to Excel - the top ten results on their own aren't much use.

Thanks

Comment

Hi adamus,

Thank you for your feedback.

I will forward this on to my development team as well.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What would be the best way to get feedback on whether the idea will work its way into the NT development plans? Obviously the best result would be to hear that it is actually already on the horizon - but I imagine not. Any info would affect my decision-making re how much effort to put into sorting out an alternative way of doing this.

Comment

Hi,

The best to get that kind of feedback would be get in touch with us at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and reference this thread.

We can then forward that email and they can detail the thinking in regards to the specific request.
              Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Very very interesting thread indeed, although a bit old. (I came here through an intensive search into the forum).

So, for "blasting it up from the past":

is there any news on the side of Ninja development team about those so wonderful features discussed and requested here?

Thanks in advance!

fsprea

Comment

fsprea, thanks for asking here - I would unfortunately not have a status update to share other than those items discussed are on our product enhancement lists which are actively being reviewed by development for our next major NT update.

Of course I've added your votes in here as well - thanks for helping further evolve our NinjaTrader platform.
                  BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post alifarahani  
                  Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes