Adding New Instruments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding New Instruments

Today, I needed to add several ETFs as new instruments. Here are some ideas to make that process easier:

- Focus the Master Instrument field by default when bringing up the Instrument Editor dialog to add a new instrument
    - Check the Default exchange by default
    - Don't require the entry of a ticker for a broker. If you leave the broker ticker field blank, use the main master instrument ticker/name for that broker

On the fly instruments are much easier to add than trying to add them from the instrument manager because that handles setting an exchange and the broker tickers to a reasonable default, so I ended up doing that instead of using the instrument manager. [To add an instrument on the fly, type it into the Ticker dropdown menu (very top left), Instrument submenu in any chart window.]

Hello Anagoge,

Once you created an instrument on the fly, it will be listed in the 'Available master instruments' in the Instrument Manager as well. Highlight it and click the arrow pointing to the left to add it to your instrument list.

I will forward your suggestions to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
    3 responses