Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCO From Strategy to Stratgey

Hi all...

I have two strategies running on the same chart. One puts in a sell limit at xPM, and the other puts in a buy limit at xPM.

Is there anyway to have the sell and buy order from each strategy populate the "OCO" (order cancels order) field. This way, whichever strategy executes first (say... long) will cancel the other (short)?

Brian

Originally posted by heyligerb View Post
    Hi all...

I have two strategies running on the same chart. One puts in a sell limit at xPM, and the other puts in a buy limit at xPM.

Is there anyway to have the sell and buy order from each strategy populate the "OCO" (order cancels order) field. This way, whichever strategy executes first (say... long) will cancel the other (short)?

Brian
    Hi Brian,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, please see the example below.

BreakOut/FadeEntry:
    In order to do this you need to right click in the DOM and enable 'OCO Order' and do the following:
    - Select or set up your ATM Strategy
    - Submit Buy Stop order above the market
    - Re-select or change the ATM Strategy
    - Submit Sell Stop order below the market
    - After one of the orders is filled, disable 'OCO Order' via the right click menu

Review OCO orders here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ingOrders.html
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Oh... I'm sorry I wasn't clear. These are Ninja Script Strategies, not he ATM Strategies...

I'm trying to accomplish this in Ninja Script.

Brian

Comment

Unfortunately you CANNOT enter a long and short order at the same time using NinjaScript.
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yea, you can, I've done it. It works fine. I'm not entering an buy/sell at the same limit price, it's a bracketed order. The logic is buy at 5 or sell at 10. Whichever comes first.

So... all I have left to do, in order to complete my strategy, is have the "one order cancel other." I'm just not sure how to program that into the strategy, and I'm looking for pointers.

Thanks,

Brian

Comment

Brian,

You cannot place a EnterLongLimit/Stop and EnterShortLimit/Stop orders simultaneously even at different prices on the same instrument from the same strategy.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Right, that is why I said in I have "two strategies running on the same chart."

Is there a way to get fill in the OCO for those orders?

Brian

Comment

Brian,

Cross strategy communication is not supported. You can try searching the forums for global variables, but we do not support this technique.
                Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Josh. I appreciate the pointer. One question...

Is this not supported b/c the software has yet to reach the level of sophistication required to do this properly, or is there some other reason that could be detrimental to my wealth? :-)

Regards,

Brian

Comment

Hi Brian, community members have been using the Global variable concept with success as it is also supported by C#. Josh just meant we can't offer coding support for it.
                    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Actually, I don't even need to use a variable. This trade will only execute once per day, so I can program the same static string for the OCO in each strategy, and which ever order gets filled first will cancel the other. That is all I'm looking to accomplish.

That would be no different than entering the bracketed order though the Control Center manually.

But I don't even see anywhere in the NinjaScript reference where you can populate OCO when placing limit orders... or any orders for that matter. Perhaps I'm looking for the wrong thing?

Comment

You could use IOrder - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/IOrder.html

and check the order states of your orders, when one of them reports filled just use CancelOrder() for the other one.

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post adeelshahzad  
                        Started by merzo, 06-25-2023, 02:19 AM
                        10 responses
                        1 like