NT6 freezing up when disconnecting datafeed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT6 freezing up when disconnecting datafeed

I experience intermittent freezing up of NT6 when I disconnect from my datafeed. I generally am disconnecting from esignal when it happpens. However, today I was experimenting with Market Replay and the same thing happened when disconnecting from that. NT6 completely locks up, with part of the 'File' pulldown menu showing over part of the Control Center window. I have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to close the program down, with the usual 'program not responding' windows dialog.

I doubt that it is my computer. My computer is a new, dual core Pentium, high performance trading computer and I don't have any other trouble with it. I usually am running about 2-3% of CPU capacity.

Scott

imported post

Not sure what would cause that. So far we have no reports related.

So we are left with general checks:
    - how much RAM does you machine have?
    - try to reproduce which all other programs shut down
    - make sure your .NET 2.0 is installed correctly
    - make sure you are running on latest NT6B6

Comment

imported post

Hi Dierk,

I am running 2G of RAM on a Intel 3.4GHzx2 Pentium D Dual Core 2MBx2 cache. The computer is about 2 months old, from tradingcomputers.com and is VERY clean. I only use it for trading, so I purposely don't have a bunch of crap on it that would slow down performance. I use my other computer for all downloading and non-trading stuff. I don't have any problems with IB TWS, IE Explorer or MarketDelta.

I did what you suggested: I installed NT6B6 (I was on NT6B4 before); I reinstalled .NET 2.0. It is still freezing. NT becomes totally non-responsive, the file pulldown menu on the Control Center freezes, sort of overlying the Orders/Strategies/Execution tabs on the upper part of the Control Center. This happens whether I have other programs running or not. The only other things I regularly run alongside NT6 are IE Explorer and sometimes MarketDelta. I no longer run IB TWS as I am in the middle of changing brokers. I always have to shut down the NT6 Control Center with Cntl-Alt-Del and get the usual "program not responding" pop-up. I create error reports and send them (to Microsoft, I guess). Is there some sort of Log or something I can send you to see what is going on?

Comment

imported post

Are you experiencing the freeze up in the midth of a session or only as you disconnect.

If the fomer, then next beta should address this. If the latter, then I'm still on a loss; logs/traces would not help, since they don't hold the cause.

Comment

imported post

Please see also here: http://ninjatrader.mywowbb.com/forum6/1538.html

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
          Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM