Collapse

Suggestion: SAY - speaks provided text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The speech exe link in Roonius's earlier post is no longer working. Do I need this for NT7? Or do I just need to add the speech reference for the .NET speech thing?

Comment

It would be great if NT could come with a reference to System.Speech.Synthesis already in place so people could share talking indies with each other without the caveat of "make a reference to such and such DLL" for those that are not technically savvy enough to find the DLL, especially now that they may be running 32-bit or 64-bit NT.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion, shodson. I will forward to our development team for consideration in a future release.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by shodson View Post
          It would be great if NT could come with a reference to System.Speech.Synthesis already in place so people could share talking indies with each other without the caveat of "make a reference to such and such DLL" for those that are not technically savvy enough to find the DLL, especially now that they may be running 32-bit or 64-bit NT.
          Couldn't someone make an indicator that does this? I'd love to have it. I've been making WAV files using the AT&T speech demo. Works but time-consuming to make wavs for each market I trade.

Tradestation has voice alerts from text and it's awesome.

Comment

Adding speech to an indicator

Just awaiting approval: www.NTSpeak.com

Comment

Originally posted by moflaherty View Post
              Just awaiting approval: www.NTSpeak.com
              Very nice. How much is this going to cost?

Comment

Very nice. How much is this going to cost?
                We are firming that up as we 'speak' (no pun intended.) I will let you know when we launch. Thanks!

Comment

NTSpeak Speech Engine Released

Cunparis, wanted to let you know we officialy launched today. You can find details at www.NTSpeak.com.

Shameless Plug:

Do your indicators speak to you? Do you stare endlessly at charts wishing they would tell you when it is time to trade? If you answer yes to either question, then you need NTSpeak!

What is NTSpeak?

NTSpeak is an optimized .NET System.Speech text-to-speech (TTS) wrapper built for the NinjaTrader platform. NTSpeak enables you to add speech capabilities to your custom indicators and strategies within the NinjaTrader NinjaScript environment.

Comment

Speech Synthesis - knowledge

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
                    Thank you for the suggestion, shodson. I will forward to our development team for consideration in a future release.
                    @NinjaTrader_RyanM, Trying to work with the Speech Synthesis. First, I have been having a major issue where I cannot shut it up once started. Alert has a rearm and that is good. I cannot find any rearm for synthesis, plus I really am looking for a way to tell it to Say once, rather than trying to figure correct rearm time.

If a single statement cannot be set, do you have other recommendations?

Also, I have seen comments that when speech is used it severely effects the streaming of data, sometimes to the point the data must wait till the speech is finished. Is that correct?
                    Last edited by JMont1; 09-08-2013, 01:05 PM.

Comment

It is tricky, but we were able to solve that with the NT Speak product we offered a few years back. Unfortunately, the speech indicator did not sell well so we pulled the product, but the source is still laying around if someone wants to take it off my hands for a small fee.

Comment

Now, what is the a simple way to speaks NT/ and NT8?

What about telegram text and voice message by NT?

Comment

Hello bomberone3,

Thanks for your post.

You can access and use the Microsoft speech synthesizer and the installed voices. I will be posting an example indicator that demonstrates the use and the code contains critical use information notes, in the NT8 indicators download section. Once I have done that I will edit this post and provide a link to same.

Here is a link to the indicator download that demonstrates the use of speech in NT8: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...ad/pricevoice/ Please note: The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Edit: added link
                          Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 11-06-2019, 06:52 AM. Reason: Changed link address to ecosystem, added ecosystem note.
                          Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Paul, been waiting for this for a LONG time - thank you for making us aware of it and providing a sample.

I use it to alert when a horizontal line is touched to call out the price and the instrument.

My indicator is constantly moving the lines and in a quick market can try to draw the lines a lot.

Is there a way for me to release the historic line before I write a new line? My intent would be to not do anything if my criteria from the last calculation has not changed. If it has, then I would want to release the current line (delete it) and write the new line. This should make less processing during break outs.

The old lines are still in the draw history and I might want to keep a small number from previous bars but do not want the hundreds that can be created in a long running chart.

I believe I am using the wrong term for release but think you probably get the idea.

Comment

Hello JMont1,

Thanks for your post.

You can remove a specific line by using RemoveDrawObject() and using the tag name. Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...drawobject.htm

Or you can draw the line with a tag name and then not change the tag name until you decide to keep the line, a line drawn with the same tag name will remove the exiting and draw at the new location automatically. You would need some coding that makes the decision to keep the line and then just draw the line with a unique tag name.

edit, added "line"
                              Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
                                Hello bomberone3,

Thanks for your post.

You can access and use the Microsoft speech synthesizer and the installed voices. I will be posting an example indicator that demonstrates the use and the code contains critical use information notes, in the NT8 indicators download section. Once I have done that I will edit this post and provide a link to same.

Here is a link to the indicator download that demonstrates the use of speech in NT8: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...=7&linkid=1145

Edit: added link
                                Hi Paul,

I am not able to find this indicator on NT8 list. Could you post the link for the indicator download instead of User App Share Page link? Or, what is the indicator name please.

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                                Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
                                7 responses
                                0 likes