Need a slow stochastic only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a slow stochastic only

don't see where ninja has a slow stochastic only. did i miss it? if so, would someone please email it to me. thanks.

Hi,

Unfortunately we have the Stochastic and Fast Stochastic indicators only.

I will ask if they can add the Slow Stochastic to the list of future considerations.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

slow stochastic % D line

Has there been any Slow stochastic %D line created yet... the stochastic indicator available incorporates %K and that changes the %D line even if you make it transparent.... Tradestation uses just a %D (slow stochastic) 1 line ... is there a way to duplicate that ... i have searched through all the indicators and tried to modify the code on several but each is different... just looking for that simple %D slow stoch line if available.
      thanks

Comment

Hello chinapassage,

Thank you for your post.

A Slow Stochastics has not been created yet. I would recommend just using the Stochastics as we have both a StochasticsFast and Stochastics. The %D line should be a moving average of the %K, can you provide an example of the calculation that would be used to plot the %D without having a %K first?

Comment

Originally posted by chinapassage View Post
          Has there been any Slow stochastic %D line created yet... the stochastic indicator available incorporates %K and that changes the %D line even if you make it transparent.... Tradestation uses just a %D (slow stochastic) 1 line ... is there a way to duplicate that ... i have searched through all the indicators and tried to modify the code on several but each is different... just looking for that simple %D slow stoch line if available.
          thanks
          The Slow Stochastics is nothing more that the Full Stochastics with a smoothing period == 3. Make transparent the Plots that you do not want to see. NT calls the Full Stochastics, simply Stochastics.

Comment

thank you for your replies... i guess the correct question is does anyone know what %K tradestation uses to create their "slow D" stochastic ... then you could just use the transparent on the %K ... i just assumed there was a standard that was used across the board for creating just a %D line as tradestation uses.

the closest i have come is: smoothing the ninja "stochastic" to 6 and putting in "periodD" the number 3.... then using period K "input" to put your number that would match the slow D input in tradestation.

i dont have any pictures of Tradestations as i know longer use them was just trying to duplicate their slow D

Comment

thank you for your replies... i guess the correct question is does anyone know what %K tradestation uses to create their "slow D" stochastic ... then you could just use the transparent on the %K ... i just assumed there was a standard that was used across the board for creating just a %D line as tradestation uses.

the closest i have come is: smoothing the ninja "stochastic" to 6 and putting in "periodD" the number 3.... then using period K "input" to put your number that would match the slow D input in tradestation.

i dont have any pictures of Tradestations as i know longer use them was just trying to duplicate their slow D
              In order to determine an equivalent, we would need to know the TradeStation input parameters for which we are seeking a duplicate output.

Comment

there was only one input parameter... length

here is basically the whole easy language code used http://screencast.com/t/2wVGeiiLz

and their fast K from their web help is the basic: FastK = (C - L)/(H - L)*100
                and their slow D is the basic ---
                FastD is a smoothed average of FastK, SlowK is equal to FastD, and SlowD is a further smoothed SlowK
                Last edited by chinapassage; 05-22-2014, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Hello chinapassage,

Thank you for your response.

This would be the same calculation used for NinjaTrader's Stochastics:
                  Code:
                              [B]// nom is the Close of the current bar minus the lowest Low over the periodK[/B]
                              nom.Set(Close[0] - MIN(Low, PeriodK)[0]);
                              [B]// den is the highest High minus the lowest Low over the periodK[/B]
                              den.Set(MAX(High, PeriodK)[0] - MIN(Low, PeriodK)[0]);

if (den[0].Compare(0, 0.000000000001) == 0)
                                  fastK.Set(CurrentBar == 0 ? 50 : fastK[1]);
                              else
                                  [B]// fastK is set as the nom / den *100[/B]
                                  fastK.Set(Math.Min(100, Math.Max(0, 100 * nom[0] / den[0])));

// Slow %K == Fast %D
                              K.Set(SMA(fastK, Smooth)[0]);
                              D.Set(SMA(K, PeriodD)[0]);

Comment

Hello chinapassage,

You can also find information on this calculation at the following link: http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.p...tic_oscillator

Comment

there was only one input parameter... length

here is basically the whole easy language code used http://screencast.com/t/2wVGeiiLz

and their fast K from their web help is the basic: FastK = (C - L)/(H - L)*100
                      and their slow D is the basic ---
                      FastD is a smoothed average of FastK, SlowK is equal to FastD, and SlowD is a further smoothed SlowK
                      In which case you are talking about the standard default parameters for the Slow Stochastics, which are the equivalent of PeriodK = 14, Smooth = 3, PeriodD =3.

Ultimately, 3 is the smoothing constant that is used as the standard default. So the FastPeriodK is smoothed by 3 to get the FastPeriodD, which is the same as the SlowPeriodK, which is then smoothed with 3 to get the SlowPeriodD. If you want to see only SlowDPlot, then use 14, 3, 3 and make the PlotK transparent.

IOW, if you lock PeriodD and Smooth at 3, then PeriodK is the only parameter that you need to specify, and that is the length that TradeStation specifies, according to what you write.
                      Last edited by koganam; 05-23-2014, 06:19 AM. Reason: Corrected punctuation.

Comment

Say what?

koganam thank you for figuring it out, I tried to decode what you said and how more confused loll..would you mind explaining it to me like you would to a 5 year old please? the settings for tradestation are these

StochLength Numeric 14 Number of bars used to calculate SlowK.
                        SmoothingLength1 Numeric 3 Number of bars used to slow FastK to FastD.
                        SmoothingLength2 Numeric 3 Number of bars used to slow FastD to SlowD.
                        SmoothingType Numeric 1 1 = original, 2 = legacy

If I had to add the indicator that ninja 8 has called Stochastics, what would the parameters be to match it?

PerioD =
                        PeriodK=
                        Smooth =

Do I need to add a stochastic fast and change it to what?

Thank you and sorry for my ignorance.

Jav

Comment

Originally posted by EminiJalapenio View Post
                          koganam thank you for figuring it out, I tried to decode what you said and how more confused loll..would you mind explaining it to me like you would to a 5 year old please? the settings for tradestation are these

StochLength Numeric 14 Number of bars used to calculate SlowK.
                          SmoothingLength1 Numeric 3 Number of bars used to slow FastK to FastD.
                          SmoothingLength2 Numeric 3 Number of bars used to slow FastD to SlowD.
                          SmoothingType Numeric 1 1 = original, 2 = legacy

If I had to add the indicator that ninja 8 has called Stochastics, what would the parameters be to match it?

PerioD =
                          PeriodK=
                          Smooth =

Do I need to add a stochastic fast and change it to what?

Thank you and sorry for my ignorance.

Jav
                          Directly from your write up, which exactly matches what I said.

PerioD = 3 //I think that should be PeriodD?
                          PeriodK= 14
                          Smooth = 3

Here is how I said it: "In which case you are talking about the standard default parameters for the Slow Stochastics, which are the equivalent of PeriodK = 14, Smooth = 3, PeriodD =3. ...

IOW, if you lock PeriodD and Smooth at 3, then PeriodK is the only parameter that you need to specify, and that is the length that TradeStation specifies, according to what you write."
                          Last edited by koganam; 08-26-2016, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Yaaass

Hey thank you so much for the clarification! Got it going 110% now

you da man!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by funk10101, Today, 08:14 AM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes
                            Last Post funk10101  
                            Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                            1 response