Plans for Open E Cry Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plans for Open E Cry Support

Do you have any plans to make NinjaTrader compatible with Open E Cry?
    whitmark
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Whitmark Development

imported post

Hello Whitmark:

Thank you for your post.

We are compatible with Open E Cry through Patsystems only.

Regards,

Ryan
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Thanks Ryan, but I thought OEC had their own direct connection andAPI. Its not clear to me what role Patsystems plays. Perhaps you can help connect the dots with a bit more of an explanation? Thanks.

Regards,

Whitmark
      whitmark
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Whitmark Development

Comment

imported post

Whitmark,

OEC has the ability to offer NinjaTrader through one of their clearing partners who uses Patsystems. We have no current plans to support their proprietary API.

Ray
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Ryan wrote:
          Hello Whitmark:

Thank you for your post.

We are compatible with Open E Cry through Patsystems only.

Regards,

Ryan
          I would like a further explaination of this as well. OEC seems to have a different explaination.

whitmark wrote:
          Do you have any plans to make NinjaTrader compatible with Open E Cry?
          I want to know this as well. I really hope you all can work with OEC brokerage. It's a free datafeed direct from the exchange and they have good fees. They have a few weeks of historical minute data, and we could capture the ticks for everything else. They are allowing other companies to write to their API. I'm already beta testing MultiCharts. I have also beta-tested NeoTicker, but wasn't too impressed.

I would love to see some companies such as NT support them.

Comment

imported post

Hi,

OEC has always been able to offer NinjaTrader through one of their clearing partners who support Patsystems. If they are tellling you different, then maybe their relationships have changed.

Itis possible that we may support OEC in the future should the economics make sense. Until then, we have hundreds of brokers globally who can support NinjaTrader including ones that offer Patsystems, Zen-Fireand Trading Technologies.

Ray

Comment

OEC has a lot of advantages

After spending about a month evaluating all of the futures brokers that NinjaTrader currently supports, I have concluded that Open E Cry may be the only firm that can give me the ability to efficiently hedge my emini index futures positions with either pit traded contracts or pit traded options in the event of an emergency, while remaining competitive with IB when it comes to commissions for the everyday YM scalping that I do most of the time.

Traditionally, one would have to park a large account at another broker in order to accomplish the same kind of "emergency hedge" while doing most of the everyday electronic trading somewhere else at lower rates and with a better entry platform. However, I think it is more efficient to set up the required emergency hedge within one account, where margin will work in your favor because the hedge will be (hopefully) recognized. I suspect that this may be what makes Open E Cry unique, and it seems that their future business prospects are likely to grow for other reasons as well.

I would like to see NinjaTrader support Open E Cry for the reasons cited above. Although Open E Cry currently provides a DOM that is both excellent and free, I think that it so far does not offer multi-broker support nor does it have breakeven-based profit protection.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to provide your insightful comments. OEC is someone we have spoken to in the past and if the business demand warrants it, we would defintely support them.

Comment

is OEC going to be supported ?

Hi Support,

Please, let us know whether OEC is in the books to be supported, and if yes - whether there is a time estimate for it.

thanks

Comment

Hello andrei.reiand,

OEC is a provider we hope to offer support for in the future however there is not an estimate as to when this could be offered.
                    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post f.saeidi  
                    Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
                    3 responses