Error handling and locking up PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error handling and locking up PC

Could you pls. rewrite error handling in NT so that when NT encounters a recurrent problem it will put only put one error message on the screen. Further alert sounds etc. are ok, but pls. prevent subsequent screen error messages.

I was logged in TDA and IB when my ADSL went down as the phone line connector got pulled out. After I reconnected and getting a coffee, I found 58 "HTTP call failed:login" messages on top of the screen and my NT laptop had become unresponsive. I tried to click these error messages away, but I guess they where generated faster than I clicked.
    Trying to close NT via the task manager also didn't work as the error messages stole my mouse (set to go to default button) before I could click to shut down NT.
    I had to pull both the power and battery from the laptop to get control back.
    Of course this means getting through the tedious task setting up all strategies again, checking positions etc.

Looking at the trace, the message originates from TDA (TDA.Callback) but I assume NT triggers this and put it on screen. Can you e.g. make a flag/check that prevents the same message to be put on screen?

Hi WhoKnows, thank you for the input and suggestions - NinjaTrader 7 will add features to improve strategy persistence.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Unfortunately this hasn't been fixed in NT 7.0.1000.4. I get these errors when the connection is lost or the laptop goes into standby. It's nearly impossible to get ahead of the dialog box and disconnect or shut down NT.

It really should be fixed.

Comment

sajosh, which broker / provider are you using as this occurs? Can you please send me your logs / traces via Help > Mail to Support for review?

Thanks,
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jeronymite  
        Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
        7 responses