X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wbear009
    replied
    Hi Whitmark,

On 12/04/2010, I sent you an email as per your suggestion, but have not heard from you for a while. Would you be so kind to let me know the status of our conversation (via wbear009 at yahoo-dot-com). I truly think your implementation of the Zigzag indicator can put to good use for automation.

Thanks so much.
    -wb

Leave a comment:

• wbear009
    replied
    Whitmark,

I sent you an email to the portal at whitmarkdevelopment.com. Thank you kindly for your consideration.

-wb

Leave a comment:

• whitmark
    replied
    A Better ZigZag Indicator

The Whitmark implementation seems to be the best I've seen.
    Thanks for the compliment. I am afraid there is only one guy on the planet who has this open source. Send me an email with your intentions for usage.

Whitmark

Leave a comment:

• wbear009
    replied
    Originally posted by whitmark View Post
    Thanks . . . I appreciate the kudos and PMs. Frankly, there is too much going on in this indicator to distribute it as freeware not to mention my limited bandwidth to address likely follow-up questions. I haven't decided whether I will distribute it at all but I know Ray and Christian welcome feedback on how to improve their indicator offerings, as this thread will attest.

Also, please use a private message for inquiries of this nature or my contact info that can be found on my website that is linked to the NinjaScript Consultants page.

Regards,

Whitmark
    Hi folks,

Sorry for digging up a 3-yr-old thread; but does anyone know of an "open source" implementation of the Whitmark zigzag indy. The Whitmark implementation seems to be the best I've seen. I'm in need of the source so I can tweak it for automating a number of strats that I'm currently trading manually. I went to the Whitmark site, but can't seem to find any info on it.

Many thanks in advance!

-wb

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Kyle
    replied
    Hi Trader1512,

Thank you for your post.

You can download the ZigZag indicator at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...rch=zig&desc=1

After downloading, you will need to import the indicator using the steps listed at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...e.html?Import1

Leave a comment:

• trader1512
    replied
    zigzagswing

can anyone tell me where to find the zigzag indicator or is it the standard one from ninja.

has the zigzagswing indicator every been made available.

Leave a comment:

• ZMaxx
    replied
    Hi all,

I like the ZigZagUTC indicator, but I would like to ask if anyone can modify this indicator. What I want need is, if it is possible to automaticly draw line by this way how it is ilustrated on attached picture.

thank you very much.
    ZMaxx
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• grd974
    replied
    Fortunately, I had not to re-install NT6 and everything is working as before after I had done some manual cleaning. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Dierk
    replied
    Unfortunately your installation now is screwed up. Please:
    - uninstall NT6 via control panel
    - manually remove files <my documents>/NinjaTrader6/bin/Custom/Indicator/@ZipZag.cs and @ZipZag2.cs
    - reinstall NT6

Should be working again.

Leave a comment:

• grd974
    replied
    Problem with integrating ZiZgag.cs

Hi,
    I downloaded ZigZag.cs but I did not want to replace the original ZigZag indicator so I copied ZigZag.cs as ZigZag2.cs into NinjaTrader 6\bin\Custom\Ìndicator subdirectory.
    Next day I tried to compile a custom indicator and got an error message warning that there are 2 ZigZag indicators.
    I edited ZigZag2.cs and replaced each occurence of ZigZag with ZigZag2 but got sort of this warning "Change will not work because a system indicator cannot be saved".
    What is to be done when downloading a Ninja script from the support forum ?

Gérard

Leave a comment:

• whitmark
    replied
    Thanks . . . I appreciate the kudos and PMs. Frankly, there is too much going on in this indicator to distribute it as freeware not to mention my limited bandwidth to address likely follow-up questions. I haven't decided whether I will distribute it at all but I know Ray and Christian welcome feedback on how to improve their indicator offerings, as this thread will attest.

Also, please use a private message for inquiries of this nature or my contact info that can be found on my website that is linked to the NinjaScript Consultants page.

Regards,

Whitmark

Leave a comment:

• PrTester
    replied
    Whitmark

Your indicator is for business purposes? or you think you can share with the less skilled people.

Regards,

good work

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Ray
    replied
    Looks good Whitmark!

Leave a comment:

• whitmark
    replied
    ZigZagSwing

Thanks Christian,

Since an indicator's beauty (er functionality) is in the eye of the beholder (er developer), I was motivated to roll my own version of the ZigZag indicator using an approach I was already familiar with . . pls see attached. This version incorporates:
    • points or percent retracement option.
    • separate draw colors for up/down swings (e.g., blue & red).
    • third draw color for incomplete swing (e.g., orange).
    • "right shift" pivot for high/lows of same value.
    • interim high/low values for each ZigZag swing (e.g., lightgreen & pink) that alternate when a swing locks.
    • additional zzPivotValue, zzBarsAgo, zzDirection values available when indicator used as part of a strategy or for pattern recognition purposes.
    • drawn or plotted values can be suppressed.

Thought it might be inspiration for those who might endeavor to spice up a standard indicator although, I am not sure how much effort it would take to get the standard ZigZag to this point since I did not start with it.

Regards,

Whitmark
    Attached Files
    Last edited by whitmark; 07-05-2007, 10:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Christian
    replied
    Hi,

1) As far as we’ve seen in our tests, the ZigZag is implemented correctly. Nevertheless there are different definitions and implementations for the ZigZag indicator available.
    2) This is intended. When use high/low is true, the selection of the price type is not necessary (because it is always high and low selected). For that we made it not visible.
    3) It is not available yet, but will be implemented in the next major overhaul.
    4) We've put this feature on our list for future development.

Kind regards,
    Christian

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
6 responses
2 likes
Last Post ultls
by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM