NT 7 - Cumulative Delta Indicator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 7 - Cumulative Delta Indicator?

Will NT 7 have an included Cumulative Delta Indicator? (grouping of trades at the bid vs. at the ask) Similar to Investor R/T.

Originally posted by stevenrjohnson View Post
    Will NT 7 have an included Cumulative Delta Indicator? (grouping of trades at the bid vs. at the ask) Similar to Investor R/T.
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I am not aware of this update, but I will send your suggestion to development for future consideration.

Also, search our Support Forum to see if this indicator is located there for FREE: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...N&pp=15&page=3

-I found a delta volume indicator on the link above.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

stevenrjohnson,

Try the GomCD3.5 which has cumulative delta of bid/ask. However, you have have to have live data and record it for yourself. Read the thread for how:

astra

Comment

Originally posted by astra View Post
        stevenrjohnson,

Try the GomCD3.5 which has cumulative delta of bid/ask. However, you have have to have live data and record it for yourself. Read the thread for how:

astra
        I understand, I've been using GomCD3.5 it works great. I was hoping NT 7 would have Cum CD plus additional functionality as in Investor RT and MarketDelta. Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
          Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I am not aware of this update, but I will send your suggestion to development for future consideration.

Also, search our Support Forum to see if this indicator is located there for FREE: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...N&pp=15&page=3

-I found a delta volume indicator on the link above.
          It would be excellent news to me (and many traders I know) if Ninjatrader would add the Cumulative Delta study as a stand alone new indicator of parsed volume for NT7. The primary functionality of a proper Cumulative Delta study should include the following;

1) Ability to have Cumulative Delta data plotted as a candlestick with wicks or bars (for those few candlestick haters.....HAHA).

2) Ability to at least pull up the last 10 trade days of historical data from ZenFire feed. If a trader wants data for longer periods then you either have to save and store historical bid/ask data or buy a feed like DTN.IQ, etc.

3) Ability to have per contract historical Cumulative Delta lookback with a vendor data feed. This would be so a trader can lookback at the historical Cumulative Delta plot for several months prior if wanted.

4) Ability to c o l o r the Cumulative Delta bars or candlesticks as a trader selects. This should include the ability to select the c o l o r of the candlestick outline too. If Ninjatrader would add this study to their cache of tools they would have a lot of Delta based traders moving over to their product. I can only imagine how great it would be to have Cumulative Delta tools with the ZenFire feed!

Comment

FulcrumTrader, thanks for the detailed suggestions!

The official MarketDelta for NinjaTrader implementation can be found here -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
              FulcrumTrader, thanks for the detailed suggestions!

The official MarketDelta for NinjaTrader implementation can be found here -

http://fin-alg.com/volumefootprint_gallery.html
              Thanks for that information!

For myself though, I am not a user of the Footprint style charts that Trevor from MarketDelta developed. I have found for the style of Cumulative Delta tracking I do both intraday and longer term that Cumulative Delta candlesticks are what is needed. The visual representation of the order flow bias is very easy to track and then determine important daily thresholds through the use of Cumulative Delta candlesticks.

The instant visual recognition involved with Cumulative Delta candlesticks is more efficient for realtime trade entry execution determinations in my opinion. I can instantly see trade set-ups better with candlesticks for my style than I can with Footprint arrangements. Here is a specific example;

http://www.charthub.com/images/2009/...__ES_SEP09.png

Another advantage I have with Cumulative Delta represented as a candlestick, is the ability to visually reference Delta Threshold values with horizontal lines for historical lookback Delta Volume Analysis.
              Last edited by FulcrumTrader; 07-29-2009, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FulcrumTrader View Post
                2) Ability to at least pull up the last 10 trade days of historical data from ZenFire feed. If a trader wants data for longer periods then you either have to save and store historical bid/ask data or buy a feed like DTN.IQ, etc.
                This requirement cannot be understated. Without Zenfire having the ability to recover from disconnects and "catch up" on gaps in the realtime feed, a cumulative delta indicator is useless. IQFeed provides the ability to backfill 7 days of unfiltered bid/ask tick data during RTH and 30 days outside RTH. NT has to step up and provide that capability in order to provide the functionality that is only available from I/RT & IQFeed at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by FulcrumTrader View Post
                  My understanding ZeFire already has the historical bid/ask/level2 tick data, but NT6.5 does not store the them in database, hence NT6.5 indicator code could only see them in live data, not historical data. If NT7 does support persistent storage of bid/ask/level2 tick data in database, it would be fairly straightforward to port GomCD to NT7, and we don't have to worry about disconnection or to keep the computer running NT 24 hours.

Hoping to NT7 soon.

Comment

Originally posted by tiger123 View Post
                    My understanding ZeFire already has the historical bid/ask/level2 tick data, but NT6.5 does not store the them in database, hence NT6.5 indicator code could only see them in live data, not historical data. If NT7 does support persistent storage of bid/ask/level2 tick data in database, it would be fairly straightforward to port GomCD to NT7, and we don't have to worry about disconnection or to keep the computer running NT 24 hours.

Hoping to NT7 soon.
                    I agree......that part of the current set up with NT6.5 is a pain. Fixing that alone for NT7 will make a major difference for the group we trade with each day who currently try to track Cumulative Delta in NT charting.

Comment

I agree with FT and others here, that NT7 should include cumulative delta study as a default builtin indicator, the code for it is already there thanks to gomi and gomCD is already well tested. Since now NT7 will store the historical bid/ask data having a builtin cumulative indicator will help all.

Comment

cumulative delta study in NT 7

Any news if NT7 will have a cumulative delta study included in the indicator package?

Comment

Hi markuse,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, this is not included with NinjaTrader 7 by default.

I will, however, forward this on to my development team for further consideration.

In the meantime, some of our third party partners do offer similar indicator packages to this. For a complete listing of third party partners, please see the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...g_3rdparty.htm
                          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think all the problems will be solved if NT allows a Tick by Tick update of historical data for indicators which need it.

This will require two things:
                            (1) A synchronization of the bid-ask-last historical data so that the chronological order can be maintained. I can not think of a reason why NT wants to maintain these as separate units in the Historical Price DB. It would be OK to have the option when representing it for editing but not maintaining the sequence in which the ticks arrive results in an unnecessary loss of information.

(2) The ability for NT to pump in tick by tick data from the historical database when a chart is reloaded. The GOM indicators work great; the only problem is that you have to maintain a separate tick accurate database which often a problem. If NT could pump in the tick accurate data, GOM will not have to save and reload it.

NT already has these capabilities in the Market Replay functionality where the tick by tick order is maintained. I am sure there were historical reasons why the historical data and replay data is maintained in two separate data bases. But it is getting more burdensome.

Comment

Hello aviat72,

Thank you for taking the time to write in.

I will forward your comments along to my development team for further consideration on this issue.
                              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes