Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 7 - broker connectivity

Hi there,

I'm grateful about what seems to be coming down the pipeline... but...

I don't think I saw anything in the NT feature list about connectivity. It's probably just wishful thinking at this stage... but I'd just reiterate it would be *INCREDIBLY* great if NT opened up the connectivity interface, so that we had more power in working with our broker of choice.

There are a number of brokers out there that people have interest in working with... thinkorswim, open e cry, and generic Fix come to mind. Exposing the API via some kind of call-back scheme would be really, really valuable.

Just from a sales point of view, I think it would bring in a lot of professional users who are afraid of being "tied down" to the set of brokers NT currently supports.

Thanks.

Hello Heech,

Thank you for your suggestion and I will forward this to our development team for furture considerations.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 06-23-2009, 03:54 PM.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yup there are folks outside US who are interested in NT but sadly cannot take full advantage of NT since its limited to US brokers only. it would be great if NT provides access (via api or whatever) so that developers can customize for non-US/non-supported markets.

Comment

Some Canadian brokers would be nice so us Canadians can take advantage of the standard $1,000,000 account insurance. As a sad example, a number of Canadian brokers use GAIN for clearing yet don't support NT.

Comment

Yeah. And licensing could allow only one broker still. THough that is eopn for abuse.

Still, if not broker.. please at least open DATA FEEDS. I have quite a couple that I Know that are good and you do not offer (nxcore comes to my mind primarily). And as data feeds are not part of the license restriction... that at least should not be a problem.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
          Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Christopher_R