Fixed y-axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed y-axis

I really hope so that in the future version(s) this awful automatic/dynamic Y-axis scaling can be turned off.

Many traders will go and use other solutions for their charting while this is the only way to go.

Trading from the charts is based on what you see and if this "what you see" changes all the time you cannot trade

SG

Hello ScalpGuy,

Thank you for your post.

In most cases, the indicators are responsible for scaling the chart. You can disable this in the indicators menu by setting Auto-Scale to False.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello ScalpGuy,

Thank you for your post.

In most cases, the indicators are responsible for scaling the chart. You can disable this in the indicators menu by setting Auto-Scale to False.
      NT7 will support user defined fixed Y axis range. More information below:

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I do not have any indicators in my charts. Just pure 10 tick bars.

If I scroll the chart back/ahead the Y-scale is changed automatically.

It is ok to change min/max values but the application changes the ratio.

The correct way (for me) is to do this just like the CME's E-Quotes does this. It will keep the size of the Y fixed while market is moving.

This will not change the "look of the charts" all the time. The chart is going with the market.

THank you very much for your quick reply. Please aske me more if needed.

Rgds
        SG

edit: I do not mean the situation where I can give the "min" and "max" for the chart I mean the situation where I can give the dynamix max of the whole Y-axis. For example 50 ticks. And when the market moves the chart does not show me more than those 50 ticks but it changes dynamically the min and max values.
        Last edited by ScalpGuy; 07-01-2009, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Hi ScalpGuy,

Thank you for your reply.

Please see NinjaTrader_Ray's post.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok. THx for the quick replies !

Comment

I read the document of new features of v7 and found the point "New Fixed or Automatic Scale Range" which describes how you are going to do this.

Can you confirm that this fix will give me an ability to set the fixed range for the Y-axis as follows?

For example:

I can set the range of Y-axis to 50 ticks and set it to divisible by 10 ticks which also gives me the grid line in every 10 tick step. Then when market moves to the upper portion of chart the chart's ymin and ymax values are automatically changed 10 ticks higher (both to the same direction and quantity) and the grid line steps (every 10 ticks) stays the same. The chart will follow the markets automatically and the chart "look" does not change all the time.

Please see the CME's E-Quotes Java application how it does the thing.
              Last edited by ScalpGuy; 07-01-2009, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScalpGuy View Post
                I can set the range of Y-axis to 50 ticks and set it to divisible by 10 ticks which also gives me the grid line in every 10 tick step.
                Yes

Originally posted by ScalpGuy View Post
                Then when market moves to the upper portion of chart the chart's ymin and ymax values are automatically changed 10 ticks higher (both to the same direction and quantity) and the grid line steps (every 10 ticks) stays the same.
                No, however, you an easily draw the y axis with your mouse (click and drag down) and move the scale down 10 ticks which resets the min/max values of the scale.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok,

this sounds great!

SG

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes