• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT7 Feature Request - better horizontal chart scaling using scroll bar handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Feature Request - better horizontal chart scaling using scroll bar handles

After using NT for quite some time, I have a couple of suggestions that would IMO greatly enhance user experience with NT charting:
    1. Implement horizontal chart scaling (compressing/decompressing bar spacing and width) by using handles on the horizontal scroll bar (stretch/shrink). I find this method so much more user friendly than the current NT approach (i.e. left and right mouse click and drag on the time scale).
    2. Currently - when horizontally scaling out - at certain point the bars start piling up one on top of another and the chart gets ugly. The "bar width scaling" is not quite right - the bars should become progressively more narrower when scaling out.
    3. Enable global user-defined default "Bar Width" and "Bar Spacing" parameters.
    4. Enable "quick reset" to the user-defined global default parameters.
    I have a very high respect for the Ninja Trader - you guys are doing fantastic job here. However, the horizontal time scaling is a little bit frustrating experience for me - especially after switching to NT from the free QuoteTracker (www.quotetracker.com). Pls. check how smoothly is the time scaling implemented there.

I look forward to the new NT7 version!

Best Regards,
    --betaride

Hello betaride,

Thank you for your post.

I will forward this to our development team for future considerations. I know Chart scaling enhancements are going to be made in NinjaTrader 7.

I have provided a link below to the public announcement of NinjaTrader 7 which includes a section that goes over new features and improvements.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT...er7_Letter.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

4. Enable "quick reset" to the user-defined global default parameters.
      Hello NT Support,

Re: quote above regarding quick bar width adjustment in NT 7

I do not think this feature is available yet, is it? I think it would be extremely useful to have it. Saving and applying a Template does not do the trick (well, it does, but it creates other problems).

Thank you,

Stopped

Comment

Hello,

I will check with development to make sure that this is still on the suggestion list and add another vote for it.

Thanks for posting!
        BrettNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion on how we can improve our product. It has been inserted into our tracking system and been assigned ID # 948.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ralett, Yesterday, 07:29 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Marco  
          Started by bboyle1234, Yesterday, 10:46 PM
          1 response
          0 likes