Saving bars back property on charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving bars back property on charts

I assume that you have already fixed this for NT 7, but if you haven't then you should fix it before the beta. Currently in NT 6.5 the "bars back" setting is not remembered as part of the chart template, just the number of days back. (So for example, if I set a chart to look 50 bars back, whenever I restart the application it is reset to looking 1 full day back and I have to change it again. This quickly gets annoying with 10 charts open every time I restart NT.) This is obviously a bug in 6.5, so please make sure that it is fixed in NT 7, if it is not already.

Thanks!

Hello JS999,

Thank you for your post.

You can change the default look back periods for charts by going to Tools-->Options-->Data. You can then specify what you would like your charts to look back when formatting the data series upon reopening.

However, if you are looking to create specific look back periods for individual charts using templates then this is not currently supported. I will forward this suggestion to development for inclusion on the list of possible enhancements.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
      Hello JS999,

Thank you for your post.

You can change the default look back periods for charts by going to Tools-->Options-->Data. You can then specify what you would like your charts to look back when formatting the data series upon reopening.

However, if you are looking to create specific look back periods for individual charts using templates then this is not currently supported. I will forward this suggestion to development for inclusion on the list of possible enhancements.
      Yes, this is just the default setting for each chart type (minute, tick, etc.). Furthermore, it is only specified in days, and I need it to be specified in # of bars. Finally, it does need to be a part of each template, as each chart has a different lookback period in terms of the number of bars (this is done to improve performance, since I don't want to run with a day's worth of data if I am only looking at the last 50 bars). Please forward the suggestion on to development for NT 7 - it shouldn't take very long to implement.

Comment

Hi JS999,

Thank you for the suggestion, I will forward to development for their list of possible future enhancements to the NT platform.

Let us know if we can further assist.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How to save the chart default look back period in a workspace

Hello! I have a workspace with 6 charts. When I reopen the workspace, 4 charts are displayed with the "look back period" set to "bars", while the two other charts have the look back period set to "days". It's obviously possible to save the "look back period" property somehow for a chart in a workspace, but I can't figure out how I did it for the firts 4 charts. I use somewhat different templets for the charts. I have tried to replace the deveating charts with new charts where I set the "lock back property" to "bars" when I create the chart, but now luck. The charts are displayed with look back period "days" when I reopen the workspace again after saving. I have also tried to change the "look back period" set in the defualt templet, but that didn't work either. Can you help?
          Last edited by poseidon_sthlm; 02-26-2010, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post sarafuenonly123  
          Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Brevo