NT7 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darthtrader View Post
    Personally, I'm sick of all the cry babies on this board.
    No one is a medieval serf here tied to the land.. If things are so bad then go find another solution. The reality is though you probly are not able to find another solution and that is why some clearly angry people are still around but the constant *****ing is not going to help the matter.
    You are perfectly free, especially if your in the software business to hire some people to write you your own custom software and be done with all this.
    Then you can have some programmers at your whim 24/7...you won't have to pull your hair out over a beta release date...the software will do whatever you want it to do.
    If you don't want to pony up the expense for such a project then too bad, your in the same boat as everyone else here.
    The point is that we have had promises that the software was going to be out "soon" for some time now... the latest was the June situation where they pulled the rug out from under us at the very last minute. I don't care if they had stated early on that it was going to take this long, that would have been fine... but the way that they gave out a date and then changed it at the last minute is the issue, because it kept people hanging on and waiting. I will give them credit for their updates in the last 3 months, and since that little stunt in June I have really had no problems with them... but that's only because they improved their communication with us, which they should have done right from the beginning.

In any case, people have a right to be upset when a company makes promises and then doesn't fulfill them and switches things at the very last minute with no warning. Some people were making plans whether to stay or go based on that June release date, and it's not at all cool how they handled it, especially since they probably knew that they were slipping a lot sooner than they told us. You don't just figure out that you're going to miss a release date by 3 months at the last minute... they should have known that by May at the latest. This whole "don't-complain-and-just-take-it-or-leave-it" attitude that some people on this board are suggesting we adopt is a bunch of garbage. I would have probably gone somewhere else about 6 months ago if I had known it was going to take this long, but because they kept us hanging on until the last minute in June, I didn't do that and as a result I am still waiting, as are a number of other people. You might want to go back and check how some of the customer service reps on this site were saying in the middle of June "yep, we're still on track, beta will be out in two weeks". That is the type of thing that got people upset.

In any case, let's give them credit as I said for fixing their communication over the past few months, as it is a lot better now. Most of my complaints have to do with the past, not with the way that things have been handled in recent times.
    Last edited by JS999; 09-28-2009, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      I will provide an update this coming weekend.
      Hm... where is an update?

Comment

Originally posted by Candara View Post
        Hm... where is an update?
        They probably forgot the update. They have not been timely with that. I expect a short line update:: We are on schedule, no major issues seen. Will update you shortly on the release date.

Also to the many people who are saying relax and be patient, when you make a promise to your customers in a business, you should try and adhere to it as much as possible. Good customer Service comprises of delivery and communication, whether the product is good or bad, the service is key.

All we are saying is they may be great programmers, have a good product, but delivery and communication of this product is behind schedule, and could have been greatly improved.

Comment

I provided an update this morning.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ray

Comment

I just wanted to point out that once we release our beta, this does NOT mean that it is advised that you start using it as a primary platform and especially not for live trading. I know that many of you are anxious to get started with it but bear in mind that it IS BETA which means "Danger...Proceed at your own risk....User beware. There are many bugs and issues etc..."
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi...how do you get to the NT7 release update news from Ray ??

Thanks...

Comment

You would find them here: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ad.php?t=18240

Comment

I don't see any update on Ninja 7 as of today, so did I missed something here as Ray said earlier that he posted an update.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Larry22 View Post
                      I don't see any update on Ninja 7 as of today, so did I missed something here as Ray said earlier that he posted an update.

Thanks

Comment

paying customer

i agree with *****in and complaining about something just adds to the frustration. As a person who shelled out $995 close to 2 yrs ago i am frustrated with this situation. would i have dropped ninja for another platform? no....why? because i ain't spending another damn dime on charts. end of story....

ninja...hurry up dude!

Comment

Just like I stated, last update is dated September 13th so nothing new as Ray said he updated it as of Today.

Forgot to mention I am in no way complaining just asking for an update as of Today of when possible Beta release.

Thanks
                          Last edited by Larry22; 09-28-2009, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Hi Larry22,

Thank you for your reply.

The update is posted. Please clear your cache and browsing history, then access the page again.
                            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TY, now I see the update.

P.S I'm using Ninjatrader for live trades so I'm in no hurry to beta test it.

I will wait a month or 2 to make sure it is stable enough to use it for live trades.

Comment

That's great that the beta is rolling out Oct 12. Do you guys have any idea when it will be more available. I'll let other more experienced people express interest since it would better serve the project. (Not that I would qualify anyway).

Any timeline on when us more noobish (but just as eager) people can take it for a spin? How long does this normally take? I mean rollouts?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post DynamicTest  
                                Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post ScottWalsh