Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Tick Data to Market Replay Data Convertor

Hey Ninja Team,

This has come up before in the forums and I need to bring it up again.

The ability to convert historical tick data to Market Replay data is pretty important for those who want to backtest in more realistic market conditions than the Strategy Analyzer allows for.

There are some great features in NT7 that will make life easier (continous contracts!), but the Market Replay vs. Strategy Analyzer thing is the one that probably bugs me the most.

I can elaborate if needed but I'm sure you get wat I'm on about.

Thanks

Hello MXASJ,

I will forward your suggestion to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have been struggling to download the Market Replay data from NT7. I have been searching for a tool to convert Historical data to market replay data. But, there is no tool and lot of request are coming up from others like me.

I only read the final conclusion from the NT Customer Server is "I will forward your suggestion to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software."

As a customer, I would like to ask what is happening with this request? Can you let us know when this feature will be included? I understand, NT wouldn't like to allow us to download multiple days at once due to the load. But, why not give us a utility to convert historical data to market replay? Don't understand the difficulty your expert programmers are facing.

Comment

Hello yameen.forex,

We send the request to development and they will put it on the list of possible future enhancements. Unfortunately we do not have information if and when the suggestion will be included.

I will forward your vote to support such functionality as well.

Comment

Thanks for the answer, Jason.

People has been requesting this feature since mid 2009 and wondering how many votes still required. As you can understand, how frustrating things can be to backtest something for the last 3 years data. There is no way I can do that now, unless I keep my computer on and start collecting the data. Will be able to start back testing successfuly after 3 years.

I hope NT will seriously consider creating a tool to convert Historical data to Market Replay.

Comment

Your vote has been added. The suggestion is listed under ID# 328. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
            Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes