bar timer ( bar count down)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

Is there a Bar Countdown/Time indicator that plots at current price for Ninja Trader 8? I have noticed that there is a 'Bar Timer' option but it only plots the timer on certain locations.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Comment

Hello guvenators,

Thank you for your post. At this time there is not a method to preposition the BarTimer text in this manner.

Please let me know if we may assist further.
      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I can't seem to figure this one out, It sounds an alert every 1 minute on a 5 minute chart. I have it set to alert 5 seconds before close of bar. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

Hello geotabs,

Thank you for your post.

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Include ticket number 2078158 in the body of the email.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
          Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
          Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

We look forward to assisting further.
          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello geotabs,

Thank you for your patience.

I actually had another user contact me about looking at Patrick's script in this thread. Looks like it was only checking the number of seconds left, not how many hours or minutes, so when used on anything higher than a 1 minute time frame, it would go off every minute. I've corrected this so it checks that 0 hours and 0 minutes are left, and the new version is attached. If you have the previous version installed, when it asks if you wish to replace the current version, say yes. You may have to reload the indicator on your chart after installing the new version.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Kate; 05-13-2020, 02:03 PM. Reason: forgot to upload indicator...whoops.
            Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Would it be possible to add in chart conditions to the BarTimerAlert? For example, it it's an reversal bar at 10 sec's before the close of the bar, then sound the alert, but don't sound it every bar.

I have a reversal bar definition that I use to make a reversal bar definition that I use and I tried inserting that code into the bartimeralert code to combine the functions, but I probably put it in the wrong place and it didn't alert for time or anything.

Comment

Hello Texacol,

Thank you for your reply.

Sure you could. You'd want to put that condition within the condition to play the alert:

if (barTimeLeft.Seconds <= SecondsToAlert && barTimeLeft.Minutes == 0 && barTimeLeft.Hours == 0)
                {
                // you could add another condition set inside here for when it's a reversal bar by your definition at the time the alert would otherwise go off and put the alert call inside that
                Alert("COB", Priority.High, "Close of Bar.", NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.InstallDir + @"\sounds\Alert1.wav", SecondsToAlert + 1, Brushes.Black, Brushes.Yellow);
                }

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
                  Hello geotabs,

Thank you for your patience.

I actually had another user contact me about looking at Patrick's script in this thread. Looks like it was only checking the number of seconds left, not how many hours or minutes, so when used on anything higher than a 1 minute time frame, it would go off every minute. I've corrected this so it checks that 0 hours and 0 minutes are left, and the new version is attached. If you have the previous version installed, when it asks if you wish to replace the current version, say yes. You may have to reload the indicator on your chart after installing the new version.

Hello Kate,

Thanks for making this useful indicator.

I am using the NT7. Is it possible for you to convert the Bar Alert Timer for NT7 also? I want to use it for 5 or 15 minutes time frame but for NT7.

Thank you

Comment

I would like to download the NT8 version of the bar alert indicator posted below, but it says I don't have access to that page. Can anyone help or point me to a spot I can download it?

Comment

Hello TwilightD,

Thank you for your interest.

Unfortunately we do not provide conversion services, however you could convert to NT7 yourself or hire a NinjaScript consultant to convert the script for you.

You could also search on the User App Share for similar indicators for NT7:

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                      Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Ndakotan1313,

Thank you for your post.

Have you done the email verification for your forum account? In order to download files off the forum, you'll need to make sure you do that verification that was sent to the email address you created your forum account with.

Please let us know if we can assist further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Gaby View Post
                          Hello Ndakotan1313,

Thank you for your post.

Have you done the email verification for your forum account? In order to download files off the forum, you'll need to make sure you do that verification that was sent to the email address you created your forum account with.

Please let us know if we can assist further.
                          Hello, I was looking for a spot to request a new verification email, but I couldn't find it. Also, it seems strange that my correct email is listed in my profile, but my username (Ndakotan1313) is shown under New Email Address, and I cannot get rid of it. Wondering if that is tripping up my verification settings. In any case I need to get a new verification email sent. I have a screenshot but not sure I should post it here.

Comment

Hello Ndakotan1313,

Our team let me know your email has already been verified.

If you are still having issues with downloading the .zip due to having no access, please send me an email at scriptingsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with a screenshot of your username shown under New Email Address. In the body of the email, please include 04268417 Attn Gaby.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Gaby View Post
                              Hello Ndakotan1313,

Our team let me know your email has already been verified.

If you are still having issues with downloading the .zip due to having no access, please send me an email at scriptingsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with a screenshot of your username shown under New Email Address. In the body of the email, please include 04268417 Attn Gaby.

Thank you.
                              it is working today - thank you

Comment

You could take a look in the EcoSystem at BarTimerHybrid. Does everything you want.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                                47 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post aligator  
                                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post jaybedreamin