Suggestion: Add Settings tab in Realtime/Historic Performance Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion: Add Settings tab in Realtime/Historic Performance Report

I do realize you do provide a "Settings" tab in the backtest reports for Strategy Analyzer - and this is great.

However, I tend to do a lot of ad-hoc performance reports directly from running strategies (via Control Center -> Strategies -> Right Click -> Strategy Performance -> Historical & Real-time).

This report is nearly identical to Strategy Analyzer except its missing the "Settings" tab. When throwing up a few of these ad-hoc reports for same strategy after applying different settings, its hard to remember which performance report window goes with which variation of that strategy. If you added "Settings" tab like you have in Strategy Analyzer reports, it would greatly help identify multiple ad-hoc Performance windows one may generate.

So that is my request: add a Settings tab to the reports generated from Control Center -> Strategies -> Right Click -> Strategy Performance -> Historical & Real-time.

JD

ps: I tend to use the ad-hoc performance reports because they seem much much faster than the Strategy Analyzer backtesting of same strategy and time period with NT 6.5.1000.13.

Hello jdfagan,

Thank you for your post.

I will forward your suggestion on to my development team for further consideration.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

On a related note, but slightly different request, when viewing results in Strategy Analyzer's Optimizer runs, its not very user friendly how you allow us to view what the actual parameter values are set for a specific optimization run.

I see that you allow us to "hover" over the "Parameters" column to ever so briefly take a glimpse at it. But for strategies with couple of dozen of parameters, this is all but useless and impossible to associate which value goes with which parameter (as all values are listed first then all parameter names listed in same order following - again, imagine 20+ such values now..).

So, alternatively, one would think they could simply view the "Settings" tab by right clicking an optimization run and selecting "Performance Viewer...". Alas, the "Settings" tab unfortunately does not display (nor highlight) the parameter(s) which were optimized. Rather, it simply displays the "optimization settings ranges" for all params. Again, this then is useless for me to learn truly what the param value was chosen for this optimization.

Hopefully this important detail gets accounted for in upcoming NT7

JD

Comment

Hi jdfagan,

Thank you for your reply.

I will forward this suggestion on to development as well.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
        Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes