NT7 suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 suggestions

Great list of features coming so far with NT7! Here are some suggestions.

Not sure if this has been requested or not, but I'd like to see an option to display in the chart(maybe at the top) the basic underlying info such as Name Date and OHLC. The data box shouldnt have to be open to see this basic information.

It would also be nice to see the name of the chart template you have open.

I would also like to have easier workspace management. Eg. If I accidentally hit the view desktop key on windows, I have to manually restore each and every window in the program. How about having a canvass of sorts that holds and saves the layout for an entire workspace instead of laying the workspace out in the windows desktop.

Snap to feature for easier layout management.

Compare indexes and stocks on same chart.

Also please see my previous posts about synching all open or grouped charts to the same time frame and same templates. If I have a 10 3 min charts open and I want to quickly see the 15 min, I have to click the 15 min on each one.

Watchlist feature, or some sort of rapid symbol entry without having to go through all the menus just to add an underlying in the market analyzer.

Setting alerts right off the chart, and having a default alert setting i.e. email.

Better journal.

Easier symbol list importing, better yet, pre configured symbol lists drawn from Yahoo and updated in program ala MLDownloader style.

Any chance of getting onto the beta?

bctrader, thanks for taking time to voice your suggestions - to participate in the beta process please see Ray's 28th Sep post here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I would want to export only 30minutes historical data. With 6.5 I am unable to do so. Is there going to be a choice of interval when exporting historical data in upcoming NT7? I would be really grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by hanslama View Post
        I would want to export only 30minutes historical data. With 6.5 I am unable to do so. Is there going to be a choice of interval when exporting historical data in upcoming NT7? I would be really grateful.
        Unfortunately, in NT7 you can only export base intervals of 1 tick, 1 minute or 1 day.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
          Unfortunately, in NT7 you can only export base intervals of 1 tick, 1 minute or 1 day.
          That is a shame. Anybody knows about software to transfer 1 minute data to 30 minute data? Perhaps I could do that in Excel but it seems a bit difficult for me.

Comment

Chart tool for measured move etc...

One day..... can you start to incorporate a tool which would draw a measured move...... and make it so that the tool could have a selection of legs of different lengths. ie perhaps 3 or 4 fib ratios.. to be selectable

I am not too sure I have explained this accurately.lol...

dave

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Dave - have you already taken a look at the Fib Extensions drawing tool?
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by mmenigma, Today, 02:22 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
              9 responses
              0 likes