Collapse

Suggestion: Fibonacci Fan Line tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is imperative that a professional platform like ninjatrader have a fan fibo tool. I know a lot of traders that use it in our analysis and dont use ninjatrader for this reason.

Also will be useful the option to add more fibo ratios in the fibo retracement because we, the harmonic traders, use more than the 10 avaliable.

Comment

Originally posted by harmonictrader View Post
      I think it is imperative that a professional platform like ninjatrader have a fan fibo tool. I know a lot of traders that use it in our analysis and dont use ninjatrader for this reason.

Also will be useful the option to add more fibo ratios in the fibo retracement because we, the harmonic traders, use more than the 10 avaliable.
      I added your vote in to track and consider, thanks for the sharing of your thoughts and we welcome you to our forums here.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi I'd like to also request the Fibonacci Fan be added. Plenty of your competitors include this standard tool, would be grateful if this could be included.

Thanks.

Sandeep.

Comment

Hello,

We'll forward your message to add your vote to the Fibonacci fan tool.
          CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Definitely add fib fan please. it's a basic necessity. i'm disappointed that Ninja does not have this after all these years. NT may have good ATM features, but when it comes to charting, it still has a lot of catching up to do. And, please allow more than 10 fib points. C'mon now.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cameron View Post
              Hello,

We'll forward your message to add your vote to the Fibonacci fan tool.
              hello,
              I'm so sad.... I've downloaded the NT8 and nowhere is any fibo fan! I'm so disappointed. So I have to write an draw tool for this, so please help me! Plese link for me similar draw tools script how can I write this. This isn't simple, I mean, but you doesen't give an exact fibo fan tool so NT constrain the user to code a manually drawn.
              The main problem for me: how can I place points on the chart, how can I define the start and end points to give them to lines. I see there are new methods: IsUserDrawn, anchor etc. It would be probably enough to write this, but It would be very usefull to see an complete working scirpt using these methods.
              Could you give an complete working reference sample to this? Like this that Josh wroten: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...splay.php?f=30

thanks. Ron
              Last edited by rontrade; 01-07-2016, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

If you do have questions through your learning/development I could provide better clarity on topics you may not understand but unfortunately I would be unable to provide a complete working sample of a specific drawing tool as these items are all quite complex. You could use the existing Fibonacci tools as learning example though as these tools already work and inherit from the Price level base.

The drawing tools in general are quite an advanced programming task as you are using the OnRender for drawing using X and Y coordinates and price conversions. Not all items are included with the platform as NT8 is now much more open for developers to create whatever they please.

Additionally if you would like I can forward this message to our business development department as well to provide further information on developers you could work with.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
                JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thanks for answer. I'd like to learn how could I write a draw tool, in spit of it is for advanced programmer, so please forward this message to your business development department to to provide further information.
                  You wrote: ". You could use the existing Fibonacci tools as learning example". It would be great! How can I have possibility to get the code of this?
                  thanks Ron
                  Last edited by rontrade; 01-07-2016, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I have forwarded this request,

As for getting the source code, you would just need to open the NinjaScript editor to view any of the included items.

For drawing tools, you would go to New -> NinjaScript Editor
                    In the window that appears, look for "Drawing Tools" and expand the section, you will then see all of the tools. You can open any of these files to view the existing code.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
                    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks. It's really good to see the draw tools. It's a good new feature!

Comment

RonTrade,

Thank you for your interest in NinjaTrader and NinjaTrader Ecosystem NinjaScript Educators. Below I have provided a few NTE Partners that provide education on NinjaScript.

Please let me know if this was helpful or if I may be of any further assistance.
                        DanielleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Waxavi, 04-19-2024, 02:10 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post poeds
                        by poeds

Started by chbruno, Yesterday, 04:10 PM
                        1 response