Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CandleVol

Hi Guys,

Has there been an upgrade to this indicator, re bars overlapping etc without going and changing the chart type to box etc etc, I'm using a cs file named candlevol
    also given the candle expands visually is great but have no idea what volume is going into the bar is it 10 or a 1000 contracts,
    Can anyone shed some light on this for me,,,,,,,,

Keen to know
    cheers a

Comment

Can anyone create this same indicator code,

Can anyone create this same indicator code,

But then with HI-Lo?

Please let me know

My email is [email protected]

Serger
      Last edited by allsound; 04-08-2013, 12:45 AM.

Comment

I will soon give an order, to programm this and with all options. It is a verry exiprianced programmer from israel. Not cheap but worth it.

Originally posted by Spaggetti Ninjja View Post
        Hi Guys,

Has there been an upgrade to this indicator, re bars overlapping etc without going and changing the chart type to box etc etc, I'm using a cs file named candlevol
        also given the candle expands visually is great but have no idea what volume is going into the bar is it 10 or a 1000 contracts,
        Can anyone shed some light on this for me,,,,,,,,

Keen to know
        cheers a

Comment

hi
          pls implement this type of style, the platform thinkorswim has realized this and looks great
          more info is here EquivolumeCharts

Comment

Jonson,

Thank you for your post.

I will forward your suggestion to development to consider for the next major release of NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,
            Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello
              I have been following this thread on Equivolume and I got the chart CandlestickVol following the instruction of the post No. 27 of klassej
              but regretfully has disappeared from the list of charts Candlestick normal
              I'd like to have them both as you can remedy the problem? someone is already successful?
              thanks and saluiti

Comment

Hi retnis,

Thank you for your note.

With custom bar types a slot must be choosen. There are Custom0 - Custom9 that can be used.

If a slot is already being used for a different bar type, you will need to remove that bar type's files manually, or you will need to edit the second bar type's code to change the slot.

To remove the file:
                • Go to Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Type
                • Remove the .cs file with the name of the bar type
                • Then compile any script in NinjaTrader
                • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
                • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files)
                • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators

To modify the second bar type instead to have a different slot, start in the same folder and open the file with the first bar type, and edit the file with the name of the second bar type.
                • Look near the top (usually on line 14) for a line that looks like:
                  public UniRenkoBarsType() : base(PeriodType.Custom5) { }
                • Change the Custom5 (or which ever slot is being used by the first script) to a different Custom number in the second script
                • Then compile any script with the directions above
                Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello
                  Having said that I'm talking to you via google translator and I do not have any programming experience I find it hard to understand exactly what are the steps that I've kindly written
                  if not too much to ask can you please explain with pictures of the main steps to eseguirte?
                  I know that probably asking a lot but I think it could also be used for other non-English speaking like me
                  thank you

Comment

Hi retnis,

If you would like to send in an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com I would be happy to assist you over a remote support call.

Please add a link to this forum thread in your email.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                      Hi retnis,

With custom bar types a slot must be choosen. There are Custom0 - Custom9 that can be used.

If a slot is already being used for a different bar type, you will need to remove that bar type's files manually, or you will need to edit the second bar type's code to change the slot.
                      [*]Look near the top (usually on line 14) for a line that looks like:
                      public UniRenkoBarsType() : base(PeriodType.Custom5) { }
                      [/LIST]
                      Hi,

Instead of ..... base(PeriodType. ) ,,, I am getting ...base(chartStyleType. ) ...

After compiling nether PERIOD > Type nor CHART STYLE > ChartStyle contain it.
                      Please guide.

Is there any new updated version available ?

Thanks
                      Last edited by CRKumar; 09-20-2016, 10:04 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Hello CRKumar,

Chart Styles are outside of the realm of what is supported for NinjaTrader 7, but these are now fully supported with NinjaTrader 8.

That said, I recommend you take a look at this example chart style to help you get started creating your own custom chart style for NT7.

Also, below are links to the Release notes for NinjaTrader 8 Beta in development. (Currently the Beta is on 8.0.0.13).
                        https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

As well a link to the downloads page.

Comment

Hi ChelseaB,

Thanks for reply.

I am sorry but am getting a bit confused,

1. Is Equivolume (CandleVol) a chart type or a candle type
                          2. The discussion seems to be referring to NT7
                          3. One link provided by you is of chart type(Mountain) and is successfully accepted by NT7,
                          4. So, obviously, NT7 accepts additional chart types
                          5. By updated version, I meant of Equivolume

Hope, I am clear with my query this time.

Comment

Hello CRKumar,

You are welcome to create any scripts using unsupported code you would like.

However, not all code is supported by NinjaTrader NinjaScript Support to assist with.

As an example, you can use C# to make calls to a webserver, however, this is not something that NinjaTrader Support will assist with.

For any unsupported code, the community here on the forums is a great place to find assistance. Our NinjaTrader staff does monitor the forums and will mention when something is outside of the realm of our support.

The example is an unsupported script that was made by a previous nt employee that provides a good foundation for starting a chart style.

You will find a great many amount of scripts in the forums sharing section that use unsupported code.

I'm not certain what Equivolume is. Is this a script you have imported into NinjaTrader?
                            Do you have a link for this script? (I might be able to identify what type it is)

My reply was to:
                            Instead of ..... base(PeriodType. ) ,,, I am getting ...base(chartStyleType. ) ...
                            You appear to be creating a custom chart style and I wanted to provide you with an example.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                            11 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post jculp
                            by jculp

Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                            0 responses