Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

When will NT7 beta be available for the general public?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will NT7 beta be available for the general public?

When will NT7 beta be available to the general public?

Hello,

The first limited public beta release was already done a couple weeks ago.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Oh yeah I remember reading about that. A few hundred people got it right? But I mean "open" beta I guess it's called. You know, where you can just go to the download site on NT (where 6.5 is currenty available). In other words beta available to anyone and everyone who want it. Previous posts state that there was no ETA but I thought I would check again. How is the beta troubleshooting going and any ETA on open beta?

Comment

Hi trader_rick1234,

Thank you for your reply and the clarification.

No ETA for a public beta has been released yet.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How do I download Beta 7?

Where are the instructions for downloading beta 7?

Comment

Hello moscu,

Thank you for your post.

If you were selected for the beta, that information would have been provided via email.

If you have not yet signed up for the beta please send an email to Sales [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] comand include the following information: - Free or paying user
            - If paying, your license key #
            - Country of residence

Comment

Out of luck

I only need one single function from NinjaTrader. That is the NTConnect.DLL. I been waiting patienly more than a year for the version that works with Windows 64 Bit. Now when I finally can get this minimum function of NinjaTrader I am out of luck. Here is their reply to my request to get NT 7.0. I only needed a simple miserable DLL that works in 64 Bit which I been requesting and waiting for more than a year. Damm.

Thank you for submitting your request to participate in the NinjaTrader 7 beta testing program. The response to participate in the initial beta test phase has been tremendous. Unfortunately, our development team had a final cut off date for inclusion of the NinjaTrader 7 Beta program on November 5th and we did not receive your request until today.

In order to efficiently document and process support items for the beta 7 version, we must keep our beta users to the amount currently included within the beta program. This will allow us to identify and fix major inquiries quickly so we can release beta 7 to the general public as soon as possible. When that release becomes available you will have an extensive amount of time to test NinjaTrader 7 since our general beta testing usually lasts between 3 and 4 months. Please check our post here for regular updates on the status of NT 7:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html

Have a nice day.

Comment

Hello moscu,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, it seems that no new testers are being accepted at the moment.

There will be additional beta phases and likely even a public beta later on. I would suggest continuing to check the development status page periodically: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html

Comment

I was trying to get into beta for a few weeks!! but I got the same response as moscu .... now I read the following:

November 4, 2009: We are making great progress. We are about to release Beta 4 and are requesting additional beta testers. If you are interested, please send an email to sales at (ninjatrader) *dot} {com} and include the following information:
                  - Free or paying user
                  - If paying, your license key #
                  - Country of residence

Obviously you did not put me on the waiting list...

Comment

Capabilities of NT7?

Will the following be possible in NT7?:

- Onquote events?
                    - Onbarslice event (like in Openquant) = event is fired only when for all symbols of an strategy there is a current bar available.
                    - Using bid/ask prices for calculations of indicators?
                    - If using on Barupdate of one symbol, but trading another?

Comment

-Not sure what that would do. Please describe your requirements.
                      -NinjaTrader already only fires OnBarUpdate() when all bar series have bars.
                      -You can already access this in 6.5 through OnMarketData/OnMarketDepth and GetCurrentBid/Ask.
                      -You can do this in 6.5 http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ameInstruments
                      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1. I once asked about trading another asset than the one that evoked the onbarupdate event. The answer was it is not possible in NT 6.5.

2. Concerning the Onbarslice event of Openquant: it's for a list of assets. So the event is fired only once when for all assets a current on barupdate event is there. I think in NT onbarupdate is fired once for every symbol? If so you never know if you compare different symbols if you have current data for both (or you do a lot of coding for this).
                        I hope you understand what I mean.

Comment

1. You can create custom events, but that is up to you to program. http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=5965

2. OnBarUpdate() is indeed fired per series independently from others once you each series has bar information.

Comment

So would it be possible to verify programatically wether for all assets of a trading system the onbarupdated event has fired?

Comment

fliesch,

They are independent streams and I am not sure what the value would be. Instrument A triggers every second. Instrument B does not trigger for minutes on end. Whatever logic you process when Instrument B finally triggers is extremely old in terms of Instrument A.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                              47 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aligator  
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes