Historical data server issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical data server issue

I'm using 6.5.1000.14 ... I lost some data this morning in the fast move... so I wanted to fill in the gap. I have 3 charts up for CL... 5' 1' and MedianRenko 4 ticks. I clicked on "Reload Historical Data" on the 1' chart and got the message Error on loading chart data for 'CL 12-09 Nymex': Connection to data server is not available right now. Please try again later."

Then ALL the data that had previously been displayed on the 1' and 5' charts disappeared. The MedianRenko chart stayed ok aside from the minor gaps.

Here's my suggestion: Change your logic so that you DON'T wipe out the data that already exists on my computer until you KNOW that you will be able to replace it. You are making a bad situation WORSE.

Here's my question: Why is the data ok on the MedianRenko chart whereas it was wiped out on the minute charts?
    Attached Files

saroj, thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately we had an issue connecting to the data server today. Your MedianRenko uses tick data and I believe you clicked on the minute charts to reload correct? This would trigger only minute based interval reload from the server then....
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      saroj, thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately we had an issue connecting to the data server today. Your MedianRenko uses tick data and I believe you clicked on the minute charts to reload correct? This would trigger only minute based interval reload from the server then....
      ok.. thanks for the explanation... I figured you were having problems with it; however please request of the development team that they reprogram NT such that they ensure that the historical data is available BEFORE clearing out data that the user has already received.

Saroj

Comment

Hello,

I will pass this along to development for consideration. thanks!
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post xiinteractive  
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes