Bug in Optimizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug in Optimizer

It would appear the "Keep best # results" is messed up. Instead of displaying the top x best results I think it is just providing either last x amount of results.

I ran a simple optimizer on a variable to have it optimize between 1 and 20. It was suppose to optimize on max % profitable and it kept giving me the result of when the result was equal to 20. The % profitable with it at 20 was 56%. When I reran the optimizer with a "Keep best # results" at 20 (all possibilities) it returned results that had some % profitable up at 70%. Obviously when "Keep best # results" is set to 1 it isn't returning the single best result.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

I can't reproduce. I tried SampleMACrossOver strategy with "max % profitable", varied "Fast" from 2 to 20 (step=1) and tried different "keep # best results".

-> works as expected and always shows best N results

Comment

Hmm thats strange. From the screenshots you can see the 20 possible results and when I set it to show only the top 3 it shows just the last 3. Having a parameter of 2 is suppose to yield higher results than having the parameter set to 20 :/
      Attached Files

Comment

Not sure I follow. Does it nor work for you using my setup or no?

You need to check the column "max % profitable" (which is the target of your optimization and which is on none of your screen shots). Other columns are irrelevant for comparison.

Comment

Jeez. Can't think properly late at night. Okay I redid the screenshots to now show the relevant column, but the problem is still there.

The maximum profit from the 20 possibilities is 52.17% shown in the first screenshot. When I switch the "Keep best # results" to three you can see that 52.17% is not even displayed as any of the top 3 results.

A pattern is also easily detected from the parameters that it is showing as results. If I choose to see top 5 results I get the results for 20/25, 19/25, 18/25, 17/25, and 16/26. If I choose to see top 1 results I will get 20/25 and top 2 will yield 20/25 and 19/25.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_JoshP; 05-28-2007, 11:03 AM.

Comment

There is a bug in max % profitable (long/short/all) which will be resolved with next update.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
            95 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post xiinteractive  
            Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes