Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request for SuperDOM & Order Bar

Hi,

I am not sure if this has been asked before but if not I would like to submit the following feature request.

* Ability to be able to lock the SuperDOM & orders window when you do not wish to place orders. This is an extra layer of protection against accidentally placing orders. Trade-station has a padlock icon in it's equivalent of Control Center which locks all order entry windows including the order bar which seems to work well. This would be a good feature as when I switch from Live to SIM in order to protect accidental orders I have to go back into each chart and enable chart trader to show the live account etc. Having a single padlock icon would solve this problem.

Thanks,

Trumpy

Hi Trumpy,

Thank you for your post.

Please try clicking File and checking Global Simulation Mode.

I think this may suit your needs. Let me know if this is not what you were looking for.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle but I have already tried this and I think the idea of a global lock is cleaner and easier. Reason being if you want to switch out of Global Simulation mode to go live you have to manually update all the charts with chart trader to choose the live account and similarly each SuperDOM you have open. This is not ideal in a fast moving market where the less stuff you have to remember to do the better. Also I have had the situation when I first started doing this that I would place an order and realize that I was still on SIM and murphy's law that was a winning trade. Can you submit this idea to the dev team please so it can be put on the list of features.

Thank you

Comment

Hi trumpy,

Thank you for the suggestion. It has been forwarded to development for inclusion among the list of possible future enhancements to NinjaTrader.

Please let us know if we can assist in any other manner.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post love2code2trade  
        Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes