Lost Mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Mouse

this is a suggestion unless there is a setting I am not aware of in which case if someone could direct me there, I would appreciate it.

I am always getting frustrated at losing the mouse pointer. I use 4 monitors and I have NT charts across 3 of them. It is easy to track on the current chart you have last used because of the big crosshairs however if you move somewhere else it goes away to this other thing that is barely visible and the large crosshairs only come back if you return to the most recently used chart. I find myself getting frustrated and clicking randomly hoping it will be over a chart so that I can find the mouse pointer. These random clicks often have untended consequences.

My suggestion is that the large crosshairs remain with the mouse pointer as long as you are over any NT chart if possible. Thanks.

NT 6.5 due out in beta late August solves this problem by displaying the crosshair on all charts even if it was not the last one active.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      NT 6.5 due out in beta late August solves this problem by displaying the crosshair on all charts even if it was not the last one active.
      wonderful, you are 1 step ahead.

Comment

Thank you Ray.

Comment

This may help now:

Go to Control Panel and select Mouse to show Mouse Properties. The Mouse Properties, Pointer Options tab has an option to "Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key." I use Microsoft mice. Don't know if this is supported for all brands of mice.

Comment

Jim,

Thanks for the info. Really appreciated.

Vince
            Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ray,

Would it also be possible to increase the size and style of the X locator for the crosshairs to be the same or similar as the Pointer arrow (ie a much heavier black X picked out with a white border) then it would be much easier to 'find' the pointer across multiple monitors.

Thanks

Comment

If you guys are on WinXP you can just use windows to locate your mouse.

Control Panel -> Printers and Other Hardware -> Mouse -> Pointer Options tab -> check "Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key"
                Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by rt-trader View Post
                  Hi Ray,

Would it also be possible to increase the size and style of the X locator for the crosshairs to be the same or similar as the Pointer arrow (ie a much heavier black X picked out with a white border) then it would be much easier to 'find' the pointer across multiple monitors.

Thanks
                  Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                    just wondering if this every got included? I'm using the latest version of NT but still putting my fist through occasional monitors while searching for the mouse I notice you said late August and it's now late October so thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Comment

We promoted availability of NT6.5 by fall time frame. This still is the case. We're targeting first beta this week.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                        We promoted availability of NT6.5 by fall time frame. This still is the case. We're targeting first beta this week.
                        ok. great. Don't mean to rush you. Just wanted to know if I had missed it and sounds like I haven't. Look forward to it.

Comment

Obviously there are more pressing needs but even after four years it still would be nice to see a larger cursor size implemented especially with everyone using multi-monitors. Although I have increased the cursor using XP properties, the crosshairs on NT continually get lost. Is it possible to incorporate the pointer with the crosshairs as another option? Anything so I can find the crosshairs more easily would be great. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback provided guys, it's very valuable to us further enhancing our NinjaTrader 7 platform:

We're tracking different cursor sizes under reference # 198, and offering a pointer with cross-hairs option under # 1231.
                            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand . . what do the reference numbers you mentioned actually refer to . . will the cross-hairs w/pointer be included in next version?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DynamicTest  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ScottWalsh