DOM / autotrail functionality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOM / autotrail functionality

At present, when using the autotrail functionality - when a profit target is reached - the stop is only moved automatically when a fill occurrs for the profit target order. It would add more functionality - if an option was present to choose whether the action should be taken if profit target touched - but not filled.

Thanks.

Hello dsfalc,

Thank you for your post.

The auto-trail should move your stop loss order as soon as your profit trigger is touched or the strategy is triggered based on frequency.

Please test this out in the simulation account and let me know if you see different results.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, thanks Kyle - I didn't get that the correct way round. What I actually meant to post about was an option not to move stop until target filled. Is there a way of doing that - and still keeping an autotrail functionality.

Comment

Hi dsfalc,

Thank you for your reply and the clarification.

Stop strategies will trigger whenever a trigger or frequency price is met. Unfortunately, there is no way to delay these modifications until a profit target has filled through ATM.

This would be possible through an automated NinjaScript strategy, however, custom programming would be required. If you are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well, adding that functionality (i.e. a choice between touched or filled), was my feature suggestion.
          Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for that information.

I will forward this functionality to development for inclusion on the list of possible future enhancements.

Until then though the only method for this would be the custom programming that Kyle alluded to earlier.
            Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Rapine Heihei  
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
            0 responses
            1 view