depth size in DOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

depth size in DOM

Currently the DOM supports only 5 price levels. Why's that? Are you going to change it in NT 7?
    Is it possible to colour the bid size and ask size (not the rows). If not, will this feature be available within NT 7?

Tks,
    Markus

Hello Markus,

Unfortunately this will not change in NinjaTrader 7. We only display 5 levels of market depth.

It is not supported to change the color of these numbers either. I will forward your suggestions to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply!

Comment

The Infinity AT DOM has 10 levels and I find that really useful. It'd be great if Ninja could do 10 as well.

Comment

Hello cunparis,

I will forward your suggestion to support 10 levels of market depth to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software as well.

Thank you for your feedback.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I too beg that you add it to NT7, I link IBs TWS platform to NT and TWS can display the full depth, so I don't see why NT only displays 5.

Show the full depth and volume at each price like TWS's BookTrader, like why not? Just have it as an option if people want to turn it off, but I doubt that many people will turn it off! Its a great feature, please implement it in NT7!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper View Post
              I too beg that you add it to NT7, I link IBs TWS platform to NT and TWS can display the full depth, so I don't see why NT only displays 5.

Show the full depth and volume at each price like TWS's BookTrader, like why not? Just have it as an option if people want to turn it off, but I doubt that many people will turn it off! Its a great feature, please implement it in NT7!
              The problem is they're a couple years behind on NT7 so I seriously doubt they have any time to add any "little" features right now. Best to get NT7 stable first.

Comment

If they're a couple years behind, then whats the difference to add 1 or 2 "little" things. If people want it, then its worth doing it, might as well get it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper View Post
                  If they're a couple years behind, then whats the difference to add 1 or 2 "little" things. If people want it, then its worth doing it, might as well get it right.
                  cause then NT7 will be 3 years behind.

you never add new features to a product that's already late. it's quicker to release 7.0 and then later 7.1 with 10 level DOM.

Comment

dom depth

you indicated the dom will only show 5 levels of pricing. by using cumulative depth on the properties tab i am able to get 6 levels. is this data accurate? has there been a change to the limit you specified? is it going to increase?

Comment

Hi trader1512,

The cumulative row is simply a running total of the preceding five rows of depth.
                      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks, should have been pretty obvious to me but i took it as the cumulative of the ten. my bad.

another question though, is there any way to see the number of contracts that are long or short and at which price. actual contract data not bid ask data?

Comment

Hi trader1512,

This would not be available in the DOM, but the time and sales window and the level II window could be used for this.
                          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

10 Rows would really be nice. I miss that feature from my previous software.

Comment

Hi Joshua 1:8,

Thank you for your post.

This level of depth is available in the Level II window if you have a data provider that offers this amount of market depth data.

However, I have forwarded this suggestion to development for 10 levels of depth data in the SuperDOM.
                              Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by PhillT, Today, 02:16 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post PhillT
                              by PhillT

Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                              3 responses