Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Saving markups on charts (lines, boxes, etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving markups on charts (lines, boxes, etc)

Being able to save markups on charts (lines, boxes, etc) - so as to be able to transfer to another chart - or reloaded after a session time begin/end change would be useful.
    Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for your post and suggestion.

This enhancement of drawing tools will be available with NinjaTrader 7. Please see the following link.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by dsfalc View Post
      Being able to save markups on charts (lines, boxes, etc) - so as to be able to transfer to another chart - or reloaded after a session time begin/end change would be useful.
      Thanks.
      I second this idea.

Comment

Wanting to check if being able to save a charts drawing objects (e.g. lines, boxes, etc) and load them on another chart - (e.g. in another chart/same workspace, or on a chart on another workspace entirely) is possible as yet.

Ryan's post below indicates this will be built into NT7 - though have not been able to locate.

Thanks.

Comment

Yes, within NinjaTrader 7 you can attach a drawn object to other specific chart or all charts by double left mouse click on the drawn object to open the Properties window-->Attach to:-->Select the chat or All charts-->Click Ok.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Drawing Tools and Objects.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Christopher, that's not quite what I was meaning, as it can't accomplish what I am describing - in a simple fashion at least. Rather, say a chart is marked up with various S&R levels - and we want to transfer those simply to another chart (in same workspace or different workspace). Ideal would be Right click >Save/load chart drawing objects. Not sure if it would work for all drawing objects (given their potential anchoring to price and time), but it would certainly work for line objects and some others.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi dsfalc,

Unfortunately, drawing objects can not be transferred across charts, except of the same instrument and interval

However, I have forwarded that suggestion to development for inclusion on the list of possible future enhancements to NinjaTrader.
              Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
              167 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jeronymite  
              Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
              7 responses
              0 likes