Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dst

Hi,
    I see you can have time analysis of your entries in NT7. Did you consider people also live in other timezones and that during daylight saving times crossovers the data will give for example on available market replay data (which are currently available to download) that during those three weeks (last fall it was one week and this march ot was two weeks) that that time analysis will give bad results during this crossover period?
    For example here in Europe (central european time) when compared to EST timezone during this DST crossover the timezone difference is only 5 hours and not usual 6 hours...
    just a tip for improvement, if you wanna make NT7 perfect
    N.

Hi,

Thank you for your post, and I will take your suggestion to development. We are aware of issues like this, but with NinjaTrader 7, since the ability to download replay data is available, this should be mitigated.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

dst

Hi, thank you well I meane because of that the data are downloadable such issues should be targeted as if you run the script and have say some time analysis inside (limiting times during the day when to enter or exit as NT7 can analyse this) then users will get skewed results if such issues are not targeted. Or is it that MRD that are available are all in EST timezone? If they are, then this is mitigated
      N.

Comment

Hi,

The Replay Data will be available for the market times for the instruments you select. With that data what will occur is based on your PC clock it will be adjusted to the times in the chart based on the local time for when the market opens.

For example, I just downloaded ES 06-10 data for yesterday, and it does not begin until my local time when the market opens. So this means that the data would play based on the adjustment your PC makes for local time.

Now, it may be that the system clock does not make adjustments for the disparity between when different areas switch to daylight savings times, but if the PC clock does then the Market Replay data will make that differentiation as well.

Comment

wow

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
          Now, it may be that the system clock does not make adjustments for the disparity between when different areas switch to daylight savings times, but if the PC clock does then the Market Replay data will make that differentiation as well.
          wow, now you scared me a lot in two things:
          1/ the ES/futures contracts on MRD are not continuously recorded even during night even if they trade?

2/you say it may be...but that is crucious/critical info for me as I am doing the time analysis, when it is good to entry, I mean I downloaded several forex pairs having in instrument manager only that pair I downloaded while switching computer time back to change only day number when the download dialog opened. and even with that to make the downloading easy as possible (it is great to have MRD but it is pain in the ass to download them as one pair took like 40 minutes with pain in my hand from all the clicking). What you are writing about say for October could change my whole October and March data to wrong DST time. I need to be sure how that works. Please could you confirm how it precisely operates? I cannot make any conclusions for my system unless I know how the MRD data are adjusted to my local time.
          N.
          (live version user)

Comment

Hi,

1. The MRD is for 24 hours.

2. My statement about the clock adjustment is based on the Windows PC clock, and was meant to suggest that NinjaTrader uses that system clock for the time adjustment. If your operating system adjusts for the difference in times then NinjaTrader will as well. The time zone difference is not something that NinjaTrader natively handles.

The MRD is recorded based on the local market times hours of operation, regardless of market, and then adjusted based on your overall system clock to display at the equivalent time for wherever you are, and when it is.

Comment

ok, but does the time change in respect to the time of download or time when run/played? from what you say it would be time of download. is that correct? I hope it is for time when run....

Comment

Hi,

Since the data is downloaded in segments by day the file will be downloaded for midnight to midnight eastern time, and then adjusted based on your PC clock.

As an example, I am in Denver, and the data I downloaded earlier today is from 10:00 PM to 10:00 PM the following day.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
                  Hi,

Since the data is downloaded in segments by day the file will be downloaded for midnight to midnight eastern time, and then adjusted based on your PC clock.

As an example, I am in Denver, and the data I downloaded earlier today is from 10:00 PM to 10:00 PM the following day.
                  you say "and then adjusted" and I just wanna know what do you mean by "then": if just after download or when played (shown on chart).

I mean if you send me that downloaded file and I would let it show into a chart what times am I going to see, if my time, then everything is fine (and I am happy) and time is adjusted according currently set time when played, but if it would show your denver time, it is adjusted when downloaded.
                  N.
                  PS. I know my questions are like pain in the ass, but the answer has very critical implications on my system
                  Last edited by nicknamed; 03-31-2010, 02:16 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

Hi,

The file would start at whatever time your PC shows that corresponds to midnight EST, so going back to earlier question the files will be downloaded with EST and adjusted based on your current PC clock.

As I understand this is what you are hoping for.

Comment

Thank you very much, so I do not have to download again the October and March as they sit on my HDD with EST timestamps and only when played the time is adjusted and shown on chart.
                      N.

Comment

Hi,

Yes, that is correct.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes