• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REPLAY vs Historical development

Market Replay Enhancements

"New Downloadable Replay Data
    NinjaTrader intends (it is possible that this feature gets pulled)"
    I hope this doesnt get pulled,, I'll have to move to esignal if it does.

NT spent a lot of time on the Strategy Performance module, but the reality is for anyone who gets into back-testing, Replay Tick data the best (if there is any best).. When a new user gets your software they have no recorded Repaly Files, so even the ability to do one at a time is better then nothing and a real advantage over other packages....

You should spend the time making the REPLAY as robust as the historical data and expand to download a Range of Replay files.. This will also probably save u a ton of supports calls, since the chart just sits there when there is gaps in the data and u watch the clock tic up with no chart movement, in REPLAY mode.. I have come across no one who actually can keep Ninja in the continue to record mode, unless one has two licenses.. Something seems to alway happen sooner or later.

For me a quick check of my Strategy is using the Historical data,, but the REPLAY seems to be closer to the real MCcoy????

For my money I'll take a robust Replay module over a Historical, everyone does historical,, be the first to do a decent REPLAY!!

If I'm looking at this back-testing wrong, please enlighten me....

Don

Hi gg80108,

Thank you for your post.

The downloadable replay data utility is included in the most current beta of NT 7. We expect to include this service in the full release as well.

With that said, I will forward your other comments on to my development team for further consideration.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of assistance with anything else.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post GLFX005
    by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM