Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSE Historical Data

Hi

Is it possible to add NSE Historical Data backfill from www.nseindia.com in External Data Feed under the Account Connections option ?
    I am asking this because other free historical backfill for NSE stocks are not working properly and also because NSE is more reliable and free.

In case of Yahoo, the Yahoo Backfill for NSE data has missing quotes from 20th Jan 2010 to 10th Feb 2010 - NSE Yahoo

It has been so long and till now Yahoo Finance has not rectified the mistake. All the stocks listed under NSE have this problem in Yahoo.

Is there any workaround to backfill historical EOD data from NSE India site to NinjaTrader?

Hi Aumkar,

Thank you for your note.

You can add any data if you use the External Data Feed. Please see the following link.

However, presently with NinjaTrader 6.5 the NSE is not supported, but it will be with NinjaTrader 7. Please see the following link.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
      Hi Aumkar,

However, presently with NinjaTrader 6.5 the NSE is not supported, but it will be with NinjaTrader 7. Please see the following link.
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html

Hi

Thanks for your reply, I have been using NinjaTrader 7 Beta and i have seen the above link too.
      The one under Interactive Brokers adapter can only be accessed by their clients. It just says that, NSE Exchange has been added under Interactive Brokers Adapter.

I was referring to an adapter just like Yahoo/Google which fetches data from nseindia.com site OR an option to add provider of our choice under connection options

Is it possible to add one on our own like that? If yes, can you show me any help file? I don't have any programming experience.

Comment

Hi,

With the Yahoo feed in NinjaTrader 7 I was able to get stocks from the NSE. I had to create the instrument with the symbol mapping. Please see the screenshots I have attached.

Then to create a new instrument:
        • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
        • Press the "New" button
        • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
        • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
        • Press the "OK" button

Please note that in addition to the Default exchange you will have to select the NSE, and note that I used BPCL as an example.

Adding instruments in this manner will prevent you from having to program your own external feed.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi

I know they way to get historical data from Yahoo and i followed your method too, but like i said in first post - Yahoo Data is not correct. There is missing data of quotes from 20th Jan 2010 to 10th Feb 2010 for all stocks listed under NSE.

See my attached screenshot of BPCL chart where the data is missing.

That is why, i was asking for historical backfill from nseindia.com website as there is currently no way to see authentic charts - neither from Yahoo Feed (as it has missing data for NSE Stocks), nor from Google Feed (it doesn't show NSE charts)
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi aumkar,

NinjaTrader will display only the data that is provided by the data feed, and I see the same thing on my chart.

I mentioned the External Data Feed as a possibility, but I am unable to offer any specifics on how to program it from the nseindia.com webpage. That may be something that one of our NinjaScript developers could aid you with.

Comment

missing data for nse in yahoo

yes from yahoo from 20th jan2010 to 11thfeb data is missing for nse and they unable to rectify

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for that information. One thing you could try is download NinjaTrader 7 from the following link.

Then create a connection to Google Finance and see if they are missing the data as well for the NSE.

Otherwise, since the data is missing from the provider we are unable to display that data.

Comment

using separate data downloader

though i have little knowldge, i think if we could use separate data downloader and synchronige it with ninja application. just like getbhavcopy downloader of nse

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
                  118 responses
                  1 like
                  Last Post kevinenergy  
                  Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post briansaul