Some NinjaScript order methods incompatible with MB Trading’s platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some NinjaScript order methods incompatible with MB Trading’s platform

Based on a recurrent problem I’ve experienced autotrading (see support tickets {306461} and {310576}, for example), and my attempts to troubleshoot the issue, I believe there is an incompatibility between some NinjaScript order methods and how MB Trading’s platform interprets the orders it receives.
    Specifically: ExitLongStop() (“a sell stop order to exit a long position”) appears to be interpreted by MB Trading’s platform as “Sell Short” (i.e. enter into a new short position). As a result, otherwise valid NT orders get rejected by MB Trading's platform ...

Hello,

It looks like the last ticket number is still an open case. Josh is our Product Manager and he or someone will respond shortly to your reply there.

UPDATE: The issue is under investigation and we will get back to you on the ticket as soon as development has information to report.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brett; 04-28-2010, 11:02 AM.

Comment

AnotherTrader,

The reason is due to exchange rules being violated here. Since an ExitLongLimit() is submitted before your ExitLongStop() this means you would be using two exit orders on equities which is not allowed. MBT ends up tagging the first as Sell and the second as Sell Short and then you get the behavior you have outlined after that.

What you can do instead is send only one exit order and cancel it when you want the other one instead.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post trilliantrader  
      Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes