Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global cross hair

Hello,
    I suggested this in the past but... Although we all can probably leave it as it is now but this is very important to me and I think to many others. I hope this time Ninja will be a bit more sensitive to our suggestions. This concerns all versions of NT.
    Anyone who uses more then one chart and more then one display and using the global cross hair (GCH) knows that when one moves the mouse the focus on all charts moves along with. Currently the user has to implicitly keep the mouse/focus/cursor/GCH at the current time/price for example and not move it to keep the focus of all the charts at the same place. Even small mouse move results shifting the focus on all the charts.
    I'd suggest to freeze the focus where last clicked if one left or right clicks on the chart or there could be a button or check box or such... For example, I'd like to keep the GCH at the current time and the price on all charts-means the mouse cursor/focus would not move left even if one moves the mouse. This way if I move the mouse to the left, say to the chart on my other display or from Ninja charts to other applications the focus on the chart would still stay in the same place e.g. where clicked last - default-the current time and price. It should not "freeze" the chart itself, only the focus. The user would have to left or right click on any of the charts again or move the mouse wheel to "unfreeze" the focus and return to default (current) functionality. Or click the button, check box... to unfreeze. I hope I made myself clear. The English is my second lang., so, please forgive me for errors etc...
    Regards, Art.

Hello Art,

Thank you for your post.

I understand what you mean. While there is not a feature in NinjaTrader that meets your needs here currently, I will forward this suggestion on to my development team for further consideration.

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Pause global crosshair option

What about a temp pause global crosshair (gch) option. The thing about the gch is if/when a user moves the mouse from one chart to another, the present positions are lost on all gch linked charts (i.e. they all scroll left or right). The only way to keep everything in place, is to move the mouse down to the windows status bar, traverse along that, and then up into the other linked chart. Being able to temporarily pause the gch with the middle mouse button would be conveneient. The middle mouse button could still bring up the bar properties window.

Comment

Thats what it means "to eat a cake and to leave it not touched".

Comment

lol Baruch

Comment

Hi dsfalc,

Thanks for your suggestion! I've forwarded this along to our development team who have assigned it number 608 in our internal tracking system. Thanks so much for taking the time to provide this feedback!

Comment

Wow, I was just going to add a post similar to this one addressing GCH shortcomings. I too am bothered by the wild movements between short and long period GCH charts. Rather than freeze the panes I was thinking about assigning slave and master designations. Slave GCH would move with the Master GCH, however, when purusing a slave GCH chart, the Master would not react.

In this way, one could assign Master to a 1 minute or 5 Range chart and Slave to a 5 minute or 15 Renko chart. Then when swinging across the long period chart, the short period chart would not react.

Comment

Hello,

Is there any status on these suggestions. I too am getting frutstrated with this behavior.

A simple solution is to still have a global cursor, but when the mouse goes out of the range of a given window you do not automatically scroll that window to the data, but rather show the synchronous GCH disappearing to the right or left with the data still remaining in view.

This way no matter where your cursor is in any window data scrolling only happens when the user clicks on the date navigation slider.

Perhaps you also can keep the option to use GCH to slave *cursor* and *data* in all GCH windows simultaneously. But the more intuitive slave only the *cursor* in all GCH windows (while not auto-scrolling the data).

Thus when you don't see a cross hair in the window and you have GCH turned on then you know that you must scroll your data left or right to find the correct time period where the GCH should appear.

This should be rather *easy* to implement as you already slave both *cursor* and *data*. I can assist as required if you have source code beta available to see...

Thanks,
                jj

Comment

Hello jj,

Sorry to hear of your frustration, but thank you for this feedback.

While this is something which development is still considering, I can provide no ETA for a change at this time. I do like your suggestion, however, and will add that to the existing feature request. Additionally, I've made note of this case and would update this thread if I receive word of this type of update.

Comment

Hi,
                    Please look at the original date of the first post in this thread. And nothing changed since then. This is SERIOUS issue. The global he crosshair is hard to find and see if one is using multiple charts with multiple monitors. While you are looking for crosshair on the screens the time has gone, and you are late to close or enter the order...
                    It has been almost 4 years from first post. Why is this so hard to make such a small change to add an option to simply highlight the crosshair which makes Ninja more friendly. For ex., add an option to put the yellow translucent/transparent circle around gl-crosshair - the problem solved.
                    Regards, Art.
                    Last edited by Art09; 03-27-2012, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Art,

Thanks for your suggestion.

We do take all suggestions seriously, and in fact have a tracking system where they are stored so that we can add them as we get votes (or identical suggestions) on each particular idea. Kyle or I will respond with a tracking ID so you may track your suggestion in the future.

Thanks for choosing NinjaTrader, and thanks again for your suggestion!
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_AdamP; 03-27-2012, 08:06 AM.
                      Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Art09,

Tracking ID is : 608 as mentioned in a prior post.

Your vote has been added.

Thanks again for your suggestion.
                        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

More Cursor Options

I would also like to add my request to providing more cursor options regarding color and width. It's quite impossible looking for the crosshairs over five monitors . . it absolutely frustrating while trading. This upgrade would be greatly appreciated . . Thanks!!!

Comment

Thanks much Bob, added your vote in as well to our lists.

Good trades,
                            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there still no additional options for the Global Cross Hair?

I would like it to not pan around the charts. I use multiple charts with different timeframes, large and small, I use the crosshair to find my place in both charts, but the panning is way to sensitive and causes the smaller timeframe to start flying around, it drives me nuts. It gets worse when you have multiple charts with more than one instrument.

I think it is critical to have an option of the crosshair with no panning.
                              Last edited by rmejia; 07-16-2014, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Javierw.ok  
                              Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post bltdavid