Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBV indicator

hello,

when i use the obv indicator, expanding the volumen tab of the indicator on the right hangs up my ninjatrader 6.5. is this a known issue?
    Last edited by ferdinand; 05-17-2010, 11:18 AM.

Hello ferdinand,

Can you please clarify what step you exactly refer with 'expanding the volume tab'. I do not see a volume tab for the OBV indicator in NinjaTrader on my end.

Or do you refer to increasing the panel that plots the OBV - you click and hold the line in between panels and move upwards? When I test this on my end, it works as expected without locking up.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I’m sorry; I am referring to increasing the panel that plots the OBV.
      Below I show you what I did, in both cases the ninja hangs up.
      Is it my system?
      I am using a yahoo connection.
      Attached Files

Comment

I tested these steps, however NinjaTrader did not hang up on my end. Does NinjaTrader become unresponsive only or do you receive an error message?

Does it make a difference if you load less historical data in the chart?

Check if your PC meets the requirements listed at the link below.

In addition, make sure you have NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.15 installed. You can check at Help-->About.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,
          My system it’s the following,

Windows Xp sp3
          Screen resolution 2048x1152
          Processor type Intel Dual core 1.8 running at 3.0 (ninja uses 3 to 10 percent average, but testing the OBV reaches 50%)
          2 GB ram. (Using 1.5 including ninjatrader)
          Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5

NinjaTrader Version 6.5.1000.15

I´ve tested the indicator with AA on a 36 bars chart. The following occurs:
          On low volumes it does not lockup, just take longer to increase the data until it’s done. Then everything with ninja works fine again. (Processor takes up to 50% when this happen). It makes a difference loading less historical, but it still takes too much time.
          When I tested the indicator with DJIA on a six months bar the following happen:
          As I click on apply the indicator appears, as soon as I move anything on the screen it freezes, processor goes up to 50%, after a long long time it finish. I do not get any error messages just become unresponsive during that time. Works fine after that, until I touch anything again, and I mean anything.
          With any other indicator it works perfectly fine and very fast. Except for volume (VOL) it looks very strange, but this always happened I just use another platform for the volume.
          Is it possible that the issue it's the yahoo connection?
          I’ve removed and reinstalled ninjatrader and .net framework completely in the past with other problems and now works fine, this issue was never solved.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Ferdinand,

I can see this happening and it's most likely performance related. There are no real "monthly" bars. They are all constructed from daily data. You will probably have to reduce the amount of bars you are viewing. The problem is even more pronounced when viewing "6-month" bars.

See performance tips below to reduce the resource requirements of NinjaTrader.
            Click here to view the NinjaTrader performance tips

See hee for how NinjaTrader builds chart bars.

You may also get better results with the new version 7 which provies a more efficient database storage system.
            Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ferdinand, for the volume max level you hit - expected unfortunately for NT 65 and resolved for our NT 7 release, which is in public beta now - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks guys,
                I´ll take a look to it.

Regards,
                Fer.-

Comment

Great!
                  All the above issues are now solved with the nt7 release.
                  Thanks,
                  Fer.-

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 07:51 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Rapine Heihei  
                  Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
                  5 responses